Resource icon

[FF] Classifieds Enhancements (+ Fixes) 1.1.4

No permission to download
A user created a new listing with Type "For Sale" and it should be "Wanted". I see no way to edit the listing and change the TYPE. Not sure if this can be resolved with the enhancements add-on.
That already exists.

But it will only let you edit to a type that is valid in the category the ad has been posted. So if you keep For Sale and Wanted in separate categories, you'll first need to move the advert, then the relevant type will appear when you edit :)

1678267663432.webp

(This is the edit page)

That already exists.

But it will only let you edit to a type that is valid in the category the ad has been posted. So if you keep For Sale and Wanted in separate categories, you'll first need to move the advert, then the relevant type will appear when you edit :)

View attachment 282633

(This is the edit page)
That was it! Thank you!

Thank you @benFF for these enhancements!

I was thinking if it is possible to add a placeholder to the content box of the listing?
we were thinking of putting some instructions there.

View attachment 281615
Thanks!!
I actually managed to do this quite simply,
the problem is the lines get cut when the screen is narrow, and the following css does not get rendered:
CSS:
.fr-wrapper.show-placeholder span.fr-placeholder {
    white-space: normal;
}

I think I found another bug in the Classifieds add-on maybe you can fix with your add-on? I have my listings setup to post into a forum selected which works for free listings. I had my first FEE based listing purchased this week and noticed it did not post into the selected forum. I think this is a workflow issue in that the post was not created as payment was required and after payment was confirmed the post was not made to the respective forum.

One other enhancement we may need for purchased listings. I have a listing right now that's in "awaiting payment" status. I'm not sure how long it's going to be in that status, does a reminder email get sent for the lister to pay, etc. But a workflow that may warrant review and enhancing to capture sales.

I think I found another bug in the Classifieds add-on maybe you can fix with your add-on? I have my listings setup to post into a forum selected which works for free listings. I had my first FEE based listing purchased this week and noticed it did not post into the selected forum. I think this is a workflow issue in that the post was not created as payment was required and after payment was confirmed the post was not made to the respective forum.
I just had a look the code is inside the "after listing has been paid for" block.

Is the listing correctly being marked as active once payment is made?

I have one fee based listing with payment made, all looks good other than no forum post from the listing. I have another one pending payment.

Is the listing correctly being marked as active once payment is made?
We are using the listing packages (i.e paid listings) for some time, and have quite a few. After payment the listing is marked as active as all other listings.

A few more enhancements:
-Option to choose different background for paid listings (we implemented this quite easily by adding a class if the $package_id was a specific one). others may want it too ;-)
-On paid listings: option to automatically keep the listing at the top for X time. (we implemented this but it is not perfect as it lists the listing twice- once on the top of each page, the other in its original place)
-A share button!! I would really appreciate a share button. similar to the share button that opens up on hover:
1678704033835.webp

Thank you!

But no thread is created?
Sorry, I missed this discussion. No, it does not create a thread.

The above brings an idea to mind, not sure if it's already available, but pay extra for top location or featured listings. Promoted listing, whatever we want to call it. Revenue opportunity.

Suggestion for enhancement: The ability to the user to change between listing and grid view on the front end. We can set this on the admin side but users may want to view listings differently.

Link to original addon

Classifieds​

Will it be possible to put a button in that red marking spot on the add something like "Discussion About this Ad" or just "Discussion". My forums on https://findmall.com contains high percentage of elderly members and they just don't noticed the Discussion tab at the top. We can leave the tab as it is but add a button to make it more obvious.

Same with the discussion post where it say "Learn more about this listing..." to take them to the actual ad which the discussion post is about. I would rather have the "Learn more about this listing..." be a button instead of just a small text line. A button with text like "View The Ad" or something like that etc.
Screenshot 2023-04-13 at 1.09.34 PM copy.webp

This is wonderful - thank you! I was just searching for a replacement for the NixFifty classifieds and saw this addon. I'll download it right now!

This is not a replacement, it's an enhancement to NixFifty classifieds.
Yes. I understand. I just wasn't clear I guess. I already have the NixFifty addon, but was looking for something new because it's no longer supported. This enhancement is perfect for my purpose.

Will it be possible to put a button in that red marking spot on the add something like "Discussion About this Ad" or just "Discussion".
That's easy enough to do by just editing the main template :)

Is the add-on (together with your enhancements, of course) compatible with PHP 8?
I am stuck on PHP 7.4 now as I use WinCache and there isn't a PHP 8 version, so I can't check ... :s

Top Bottom