One thing I've noticed that is currently lacking (In the form of user ignore) currently, and that most forums do not extend more then the basic concept, is the ignore function.
- Users: Rather then just ignore their posts, PM's and such, I'd like to see them completely ignored. More then once, I've been on a forum where there was a person that I could barely stand would aggravate me.
- Forums/Categories: The ability to completely hide forums or categories, and filter out any threads or posts in them. I often don't read introduction forums, or site showcases, and I rather not have to sift through them when I use the "What's New?" link.
- Threads/Posts: Ability to ignore certain threads and posts. This is more because I rarely participate in forum games where yous say something about the previous poster.
I've noticed that so far there is no calendar (Not positive whether or not there is one in development or not?), and I find the calendar pretty useful, but not as useful as it could be.
- Search: I've had to install a modification on vBulletin to get this feature, and I really think it should be there by default.
- Recurring Event Exceptions: I often have recurring events, but fairly often we'll cancel one on a specific day or month, and it can be confusing for members. Possibly making it so that a certain date can be ignored as an exception to the recurring event.
Would it be possible to convert contacts (AIM/MSN/Yahoo/Twitter) to their link format, so that there is no need to copy/paste?
Is it possible to make this a user-end option? With a lot of forums I go to, the administrators think vague names equate originality, not realizing that it often takes more time for users to get use to their forums. Hiding the description as a mouseover would make this drastically worse, and giving them the ability to decide would possibly make this easier.
I often collapse categories I don't find interesting, so that I have less scrolling to do.
Forum-wide RSS Feed
Noticed that one was lacking (From my address bar anyways, there might be one, I just haven't looked for one yet), and I tend to use that on sites I'm more active at.
Default Post Styling
This can easily be done by mods I know, but more often then not I've seen it added, and it would be much cleaner if it were a feature, rather then a mod (That is often just a hackjob).
Those are all of the ones that I can think of now.