XF 1.5 Few miscellaneous issues setting up transferred forums (SEO for NGINX, Avatar problems, Sidebars)

Hi there! Some of you might recognize me for a thread that I made in the installation problems subforum last week or so. I was able to work through the problems there, but after a rather successful installation and a moment of pride for myself, we've hit a few more issues. The most major one is that enabling friendly URLs. On our former forums, they were enabled with no issue, but so far I haven't been able to get them to work properly on this new webserver. We're using NGINX, which should be the same as the original, but when attempting to follow the guide offered by Xenforo and a few threads that I've found here, I can't seem to get them to work. Additionally, our users are reporting problems when trying to upload avatars, they won't actually change, even though it says they had a successful upload. If they remove the current avatar it disappears and becomes a default/broken image, but if they upload anything after that it once again reverts to their old avatar. One final issue is that I can't seem to find where the information for this one sidebar is found within our style templates. Its the sidebar that reads Play Now/Vote/Donate. https://galactic-citizen.com/index.php

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Found relevant errors in our error log having to do with the avatar issue!

Code:
ErrorException: getimagesize(/var/www/html/data/avatars/l/0/96.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory - library/XenForo/Model/Avatar.php:259 Generated By: Jonathan Cristallum, Feb 16, 2018

Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'getimagesize(/v...', '/var/www/html/l...', 259, Array) #1 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/Model/Avatar.php(259): getimagesize('/var/www/html/d...') #2 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Account.php(592): XenForo_Model_Avatar->recropAvatar(96, 0, 0) #3 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(369): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Account->actionAvatarUpload() #4 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(152): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch)) #5 /var/www/html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run() #6 {main}

Request State
array(3) {  ["url"] => string(64) "https://www.galactic-citizen.com/index.php?account/avatar-upload"  ["_GET"] => array(1) {    ["account/avatar-upload"] => string(0) ""  }  ["_POST"] => array(8) {    ["use_gravatar"] => string(1) "0"    ["avatar_date"] => string(10) "1518766433"    ["avatar_crop_x"] => string(1) "0"    ["avatar_crop_y"] => string(1) "0"    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(22) "/index.php?members/96/"    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"  } }

Can you check the ownership and permissions of the data directory?
Ah yes! After chowning the folders (a few of which past the initial directory seemed to be 0755 instead of 0777, I had someone who reported the error to us test out changing their profile picture and it worked! That's one issue down, thank you!

As for the friendly urls, if you're using nginx as the web server then you will need the nginx rules instead of the .htaccess.

If you're just using nginx as a reverse proxy then make sure the .htaccess file is present and contains the correct entries, you can check it against htaccess.txt which is in the same directory if unsure.

As for the friendly urls, if you're using nginx as the web server then you will need the nginx rules instead of the .htaccess.

If you're just using nginx as a reverse proxy then make sure the .htaccess file is present and contains the correct entries, you can check it against htaccess.txt which is in the same directory if unsure.
NGINX is our webserver, yeah. I've changed the rules in the proper files, or at least what I thought were the proper files based on what I read (/etc/nginx/nginx.conf)

Code:
http {
    ##
    # Server Settings
    ##

server {

location /var/www/html/ {
        try_files $uri $uri/ /xf/index.php?$uri&$args;
        index index.php index.html;
    }

location /var/www/html/install/data/ {
        internal;
    }

location /var/www/html/install/templates/ {
        internal;
    }

location /var/www/html/internal_data/ {
        internal;
    }

location /var/www/html/library/ {
        internal;
    }

location ~ \.php$ {
        try_files $uri =404;
        fastcgi_pass    127.0.0.1:9000;
        fastcgi_param   SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
        include         fastcgi_params;
    }

}
}

Wait there's an error in your config.

Code:

Should be:

Code:
try_files $uri $uri/ /var/www/html/index.php?$uri&$args;

Wait there's an error in your config.

Code:

Should be:

Code:
try_files $uri $uri/ /var/www/html/index.php?$uri&$args;
Tried that out, but I'm still getting the issues with everything 404ing after I enable friendly URL/Include content title, I also made sure to restart NGINX after the changes.

Top Bottom