Feeder - YouTube feeds

On that note Mike, if I was to attempt to try and make it pull the url of the video itself to be parsed through media bbcode tags, would I be trying to use thumbnailUrl as a variable in a string with an if youtube link echo media]thumbnailUrl[/media type of thing in news_feed_attached_images? I'm just looking for a logical place to start.

Oh I should have mentioned that I tried that fix with his feed and it didn't work.

On that note Mike, if I was to attempt to try and make it pull the url of the video itself to be parsed through media bbcode tags, would I be trying to use thumbnailUrl as a variable in a string with an if youtube link echo media]thumbnailUrl[/media type of thing in news_feed_attached_images? I'm just looking for a logical place to start.

Yes you would need to extract the video id from the content of the feed.

Oh I should have mentioned that I tried that fix with his feed and it didn't work.
His feed was only an example (you can see "username" in it). And if you look at it directly, you can see there are no entries in it, so that's why we complain about it -- though I don't get "unspecified error"; I actually get "there was a problem retrieving the feed". As you noted, a valid one (with entries) seems ok.

Top Bottom