Not a bug Feeder timer not working

kenjw

Using Feeder I have downloaded some RSS feed content and set the timer to say 10 mins, but the timer does not work.
Now at this time I am testing on localhost on a MAC using XAMPP and that may be the problem?
Any other ideas?

Thanks
kenjw

All time-dependent features rely on visitors hitting the forum to trigger cron tasks.

Well, I have come into the Forum where the feeds exist several times and hit several of the entries several times over the last 2 days and there has been no change.
The feed I have been testing is from RedHat which have a very active RSS feed.

Maybe the cron does not work on localhost sites?

Did the feed get retrieved at all? What's the feed URL? And do you have other feeds you're reading?

Mike,

I tested the above URL again today …. and now I get no "feeds" at all.
So I have tried some other site URL's and they are working fine and the timer is also working.
I cannot explain why I got the first 10 feeds from JBoss and now it does not work at all?
However lets go ahead and close the ticket as I am getting it working on other sites!

Thanks
Best Regards
kenjw

FWIW, that feed is actually now empty. Though otherwise, I would guess that they're re-using fields which are used to detect unique feed entries (thus we assume we've already posted the entry after the first time).

Top Bottom