We just updated to version 1.4.3 and out feeder stopped working. We have to manually import all feeds which is a huge problem for our community as it is a news based site and we are behind posting the news compared to our comeptition, so client needs this working.
I have already checked the cron jobs>feeder and it's enabled. Any ideas or suggestion would be much appreciated.
The feed we are importing is about 40 of them. They all worked fine, and I have it set to import every 10 minutes. Manual import works fine, which is not realistic for us. The Cron is set as seen below.
I have been testing the Feeder using the 'Preview Feed Entry' and can't explain the reason for it not loading my feeds. All RSS feeds work if I opena new browser window and type the url. They show the feed correctly. I have two sites, a dev site using a dev.xyz.com and a live site using www.xyz.com. The dev site was a clone of the live site, so had all forums setup in the same way.
I have tried various combinations of feeds to see if they work, here are the results:
// DEV SITE Feeder Error: 'Feed failed to load, got response code 403'
It's very likely because the domain name is resolving to a different IP when called locally, meaning it gets accessed different via the network stack (such as via 127.0.0.1), leading to a different behavior with your web server (VHost not being triggered, web server not listening on that IP, etc). This is something you'd need to adjust in your server's DNS/hosts file or potentially by changing your server's hostname.
Thank you, I have contacted my hosting company to enquire what we can do. I have read on another thread about a firewall blocking the feeder. I did originally have a password protected folder setup on the dev site, but turned that off.
Yes, completely agree. It is all set to off. I'm wondering if the hosting company can simply move the 'dev' site to a folder under the 'www' address rather than a subdomain. I can't see a 'dev' folder on the 'live' ftp, thinking I could have accessed it another way.
One other anomoly - the live site lets users who are not logged in view the 'home' page and various forums. The 'dev' site has requested me to login straight away. Perhaps there is a setting on XenForo that has blocked from logged in users, hence another hurdle in the way of the feed being able to be retrieved, question is what's the setting in Xen to stop (You must be logged in to do that.)