Feedback

Marc

OK, after some serious consideration and testing of xenforo we have now decided to move www.husky-owners.com which is my primary site over to xenforo.

Would just like to say the reasons why we have decided this:-
  1. IMAGES - As we are currently using IP.Board and its Gallery, it has become hard work for users to upload multiple images to the gallery due to it generally being difficult for non-tech users. The upload system is so good on xenforo that we feel we can completely replace having a gallery with uploading to a specific photo's forum. Making it a one step process to get a full size set of images into a post. Without silly thumbnails everytime with no choice, without the automatic changing of a gallery link to some javascript link with a thumbnail.
  2. SPEED - xenforo is very fast in comparison on just about every test I have tried. This is not only due to the programming expertise, but also due to the way features have been implemented. IE. it doesnt take 24 clicks to get to change something.
  3. TRUST - Although there are things missing on xenforo that are fundimental, such as a calender, I trust in the development team that they will no doubt be there at some point during the future.
  4. WORKING - This is simple for me. 1 version released very occasionally that is working . Not 10 versions released very frequently that are very buggy.

Also to be honest I like the environment on here. People are helpful, when they are not they are told, the staff are helpful. It all makes a big difference.

See you on the other side in about a week once I have finished the skin conversion :)

OK, after some serious consideration and testing of xenforo we have now decided to move www.husky-owners.com which is my primary site over to xenforo.

Would just like to say the reasons why we have decided this:-
  1. IMAGES - As we are currently using IP.Board and its Gallery, it has become hard work for users to upload multiple images to the gallery due to it generally being difficult for non-tech users. The upload system is so good on xenforo that we feel we can completely replace having a gallery with uploading to a specific photo's forum. Making it a one step process to get a full size set of images into a post. Without silly thumbnails everytime with no choice, without the automatic changing of a gallery link to some javascript link with a thumbnail.
  2. SPEED - xenforo is very fast in comparison on just about every test I have tried. This is not only due to the programming expertise, but also due to the way features have been implemented. IE. it doesnt take 24 clicks to get to change something.
  3. TRUST - Although there are things missing on xenforo that are fundimental, such as a calender, I trust in the development team that they will no doubt be there at some point during the future.
  4. WORKING - This is simple for me. 1 version released very occasionally that is working . Not 10 versions released very frequently that are very buggy.
Also to be honest I like the environment on here. People are helpful, when they are not they are told, the staff are helpful. It all makes a big difference.

See you on the other side in about a week once I have finished the skin conversion :)

Good choice. King Kovifor is currently working on a gallery add-on - Galleria. And knowing him, and he's already stated this that he'll be maintaining a high standard and keeping to how xenforo have implemented things keeping simplicity in mind so with respects to a gallery, there is one coming and development on it has already started. It might be worth reading the thread I linked you to so that you get some insight on the progress and how it'll be structured. :)

Well I gotta say .... I've converted over my site, I do have a problem at the moment with the IPB redirection script..... HOWEVER ... The site is running fantastically well on xenforo and its instantly noticable.

Kier, Mike ...... (y) 359,644 posts successfully converted and running on xenforo, and my users LOVE it ....

postbit is all screwed up in Firefox 4.0.1 though, actually I take that back, I just realized that the badges are supposed to appear as if they wrap around, that works reasonably well for the blue ones but does not for the red ones, the status message does indeed not show up right and it would probably be best to remove it from the postbit

Hi Marc. :)

Glad you're happy with XenForo, your members too.
Just like to say that I found this bit that you wrote with regard to albums, quite inspirational:
[quote="Marc, post: 204917]The upload system is so good on xenforo that we feel we can completely replace having a gallery with uploading to a specific photo's forum.[/quote]

Top Bottom