Feedback perhaps? - The Donnas Tour Database

skhms

Was thinking of letting you, the experts, tell me what I should've done instead of what I ended up with. :)

http://www.thedonnastourdb.com

This site is actually a tour database for a band called The Donnas. I try to keep track of all old concert dates, the setlists and such.
The community part is kinda secondary.

Some history if anyone is interested. For quite some time ago I decided to add the ability to make comments to the tour dates and thought of doing so by integrate the site with vBulletin. So when vb4 was released I began my project.
Got tired of it very soon though. Found it extremely difficult to work with basically.

Along came XenForo and I decided to give it another try with this new software and it has been a joy. :)

All custom stuff I've made myself. Have gotten into most things I think.
Made own route prefixes, controllers, datawriters, models etc. also extended some of the original ones. Even made special BBCodes and a template function to help things.
Have learned so much working with this.

This community has been great, gotten lot of help reading threads all over this place. I might not ask lots of question and I'm not really a part of the community but I still spend lots of time here.
So thanks to all of you that answer other people questions. It have helped me a lot. :)

Sorry for the long post!

Nice colors. Like it.
Just the tabs need some curves to get fitted to the rest, also the login field colors should be adapted to the rest of the sytle colors.
all together.. very nice

I'm not sure if this is intentional, but your disclaimer reads:
Disclaimer: The tour database is in no way complete and probably contains many misstakes and incorrect information.
I found the way you spelt mistakes to be kinda funny :D

As for the rest of the site, I like it. You should put the disclaimer on the same line as the XF copyright though so it's all together as such.

Nice colors. Like it.
Just the tabs need some curves to get fitted to the rest, also the login field colors should be adapted to the rest of the sytle colors.
all together.. very nice
Good points, I'll see if I can do anything about those. Thanks!

I found the way you spelt mistakes to be kinda funny :D

As for the rest of the site, I like it. You should put the disclaimer on the same line as the XF copyright though so it's all together as such.
What misspelled word? I can't see any... ;)

Can you believe that I actually have had it spelled like that since I first started the site back in 2007. :oops:

I tried to have it on same line at first. But it didn't really fit on a smaller screen so I moved it to above instead.

i love the donnas! i was pretty much a regular fixture in their online community until they ditched their public board.
i will def be bookmarking your site ;)

See, there is a reason I got that disclaimer. Thanks for the correction.

i love the donnas! i was pretty much a regular fixture in their online community until they ditched their public board.
i will def be bookmarking your site ;)
The old board from their Atlantic Record days? I spent quite some time there myself. :)

See, there is a reason I got that disclaimer. Thanks for the correction.

The old board from their Atlantic Record days? I spent quite some time there myself. :)
the old boardhost (lookout era) and the atlantic boards (i recall eve and... something else - maybe ubb5.4x- beforehand) as well.

one suggestion i have is the style.
i notice there is no style choice or dark style available. it would be pretty cool if there were a few styles available, each drawing from a different donnas era. the current *****in theme, a stn/gm theme (gm blacklight poster theme would be an awesome dark theme), or maybe a dark theme based on turn21, etc. or maybe all ;)

were you known as don-sk?

the old boardhost (lookout era) and the atlantic boards (i recall eve and... something else - maybe ubb5.4x- beforehand) as well.

one suggestion i have is the style.
i notice there is no style choice or dark style available. it would be pretty cool if there were a few styles available, each drawing from a different donnas era. the current *****in theme, a stn/gm theme (gm blacklight poster theme would be an awesome dark theme), or maybe a dark theme based on turn21, etc. or maybe all ;)

were you known as don-sk?
Yep, I was don_sk. And still are at the fanclub site. :)
What did you call yourself? If I can remember.

Different styles for the different donnas eras is actually a brilliant idea.
Now isn't design and styling what I do best, the backend coding is much more fun, but I will probably give it a try when I got the time.

surprisingly enough, my nick was ace frehley ;)
i was mainly active in the musician subforums doing multitrack projects with the occasional trolling of general discussion.

Top Bottom