February 2013 Breaking Changes

My site and the official xenforo page just started randomly pushing to facebook for some sort of permission request. I think it might have something to do with these changes. WHAT IS GOING ON!!! lol hopefully we can get a fix ASAP. Looks like XF is going to have to publish an update because this is going to cripple ALL XF sites.
Yep seeing the same thing in my Xenforo site.

Uncheck the box for "Enable Facebook Like / Recommend Feature" under Facebook integration in your options for the time being. That seemed to fix it on my site. I think the error is on Facebook's side of things, not with our apps to allow registration. My first instinct was to check my app on Facebook and see what I could do. I got the same error when trying to go into that.
This does seem the be the cause. Unchecking that cleared the issue for my site.

Funny how it all kicks-off just after 12:00AM GMT.

Turning-off all the FB features seems to have fixed it for my members, but I don't know what happens if you registered via Facebook. That might present some issues for those members until they reset their password, assuming they have never done this before.

Edit: This was a problem with Facebook's Servers. It seems to be fixed now.

Funny how it all kicks-off just after 12:00AM GMT.

Turning-off all the FB features seems to have fixed it for my members, but I don't know what happens if you registered via Facebook. That might present some issues for those members until they reset their password, assuming they have never done this before.

Edit: This was a problem with Facebook's Servers. It seems to be fixed now.
Have you turned the FB features back on? I want to make sure if I turn them back on it doesn't hijack my site again...

It was fixed literally hours after people were having problems. It was safe to turn it back on days ago.

Nope. Only if you experience issues.

And the issue in this thread is completely unrelated to whatever issues that solves.

Only if you care that OG doesn't update your meta changes when you make them and instead only updates when facebook flushes OG cache, about weekly. As for the SDK, I don't see the harm in updating it to latest version, more so considering how outdated the xF version is. The SDK update would only be mandatory in a case like one of my sites that uses facebook application canvas requiring lastest SDK.

Top Bottom