******* - Featured User System [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

borbole

borbole submitted a new resource:

Featured User of the Day/Week/Month/Indefinite - It adds an advanced fetaured user system

This mod will allow you to feature users for a certain period of time, which then will appear in the board index, forum and thread list. If you feature more then one user then they will show randomly each time the page is refreshed.

You can also add a note for each user to let others know as to why you are featuring that user. This can come in handy if you want to show your appreciation for a certain user and/or users who have been contributed positively to your forum by placing them in the...

Read more about this resource...

I prefer this one, it has option to feature users from front-end.
my question is: can users be featured automatically, based on their number of posts in a day?

Thanks for the nice addon.

I prefer this one, it has option to feature users from front-end.
my question is: can users be featured automatically, based on their number of posts in a day?

Thanks for the nice addon.

No, there is no such option/criteria to feature users. But you can feature manually your daily top posters.

Once they've been unfeatured, do they stay in some sort of hall of fame?

There is a setting to show the top most featured users in the sidebar. It is based on how many times users have been featured.

If this did things automatically based on x from a user, then it would be viable. To be honest, I don't have time to sort for the higher poster each day and feature them, then unfeature them, repeat for the next day.

This needs to be automatic.

If this did things automatically based on x from a user, then it would be viable. To be honest, I don't have time to sort for the higher poster each day and feature them, then unfeature them, repeat for the next day.

This needs to be automatic.

This isn't a "top posters" or similar addon unless I've misunderstood.

It's more a "member of the week" type addon where you feature a specific user in some sort of "hall of fame" (usually people do this with things like mini interviews of the user, etc).

Once they've been unfeatured, do they stay in some sort of hall of fame?

This gave me the idea to add a log page with all featured users. There is one in the admin page for the admins but I will expand it on the forum side too as a wall of fame kind of thing.

Are you planning on adding a sorter to this? For example, if you want to feature someone, in an overlay you could select users that have made x amount of posts in total, or have had x amount of trophies, or x amount of threads. Then you just pick whichever from the selections you've made, and feature one, two or three of the users.

Just an idea! :)

Are you planning on adding a sorter to this? For example, if you want to feature someone, in an overlay you could select users that have made x amount of posts in total, or have had x amount of trophies, or x amount of threads. Then you just pick whichever from the selections you've made, and feature one, two or three of the users.

Just an idea! :)

When you add someone in the overlay that is for that person only and you can not set extra criteria to affect other users. What you describe falls outside the scope of this mod and imho it would be best coded as an apart mod.

It would be great if you can feature the user on the members tab.

The actual featured member on the top of all the tabs and the an entire tab dedicated only to featured members and showing the history of all featured members.

I would like to have the tab for this information exclusively contained within the Members tab but be able to feature the user on pages such as the forum index and xenporta.

It would be great if you can feature the user on the members tab.

Can you please post a screenshot of the area that you mean?

The actual featured member on the top of all the tabs and the an entire tab dedicated only to featured members and showing the history of all featured members.

Unless I misunderstood what you meant, there is already a featured page linked with a tab in the navigation that holds current and past featured users.

I would like to have the tab for this information exclusively contained within the Members tab but be able to feature the user on pages such as the forum index and xenporta.

I do not support other third party mods. I have that in the past but all I got it was problems because anytime that a third party add on threw an error, (unrelated to my mod), I was expected to fix it and it was more trouble than worth.

My amazing Paint skills at work :p

642d8d9ecf82b03024a04816b6a93398.webp

Ignore the suggestion in the top navigation tab, it makes more sense to confine it to the notable members section.

I know that users that upgraded their accounts can be displayed in their own tab, the same should be for featured users since the entire premise is to shine a spotlight on their good deeds and accomplishments. For this reason it should be the default tab in the notable members section.

The featured tab should show a history of the featured users with what date they were featured and less so with a number showing how many times they were featured b/c from my experiences, featured member status is reserved as a 1 time event and almost never occurs more than once for the same person.

So basically for information, take the wall of fame and make it the only information tab for featured users and confine it in the notable members page.

In my opinion it will make the addon more streamlined and less intrusive when it comes to taking up space in the navbar, etc. I run many advanced applications on my forums and i dont have space in the nav bar for featured members when it sensibly belongs within the notable members page.

I believe with these changes the addon would be really great and i would certainly purchase it.

I am very interested in a featured resource addon very similar to how this addon works. If you ever make one I will buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom