Featured Resources of Xenforo?

For what it's worth, I browse through resources and pay close attention to the number of downloads and the ratings and who rated them. If other resource developers rate the resource highly, that tells me it's probably a pretty good resource. Featuring a resource might lead me to find something faster, but I would still look at the downloads and ratings, as well as recommendations.

It's all about trust when it comes to using resources. The more you can trust them and the developer, the better. Featuring them is nice, but I'd like to see more emphasis on stats that tell me how useful and reliable they are.

I'd like to see more emphasis on stats that tell me how useful and reliable they are.
Reading the feedback and checking the ratings should provide that.

Unfortunately, of those who actually use each add-on, the percentage who take the time to rate/review/like/post is very low.

If members want to have confidence in add-ons then those same members should make use of the functionality available to provide feedback.

Reading the feedback and checking the ratings should provide that.

Unfortunately, of those who actually use each add-on, the percentage who take the time to rate/review/like/post is very low.

If members want to have confidence in add-ons then those same members should make use of the functionality available to provide feedback.
Agreed. Once I get my site fully migrated and make use of the add-ons I'm using I plan to add feedback. I feel like any feedback I have now is a little premature.

I rate and review most resources I use. I only negatively review resources if it's really, really bad or if the support unsupported even though it says it's supported, that's why I make sure to put in big bold red this resource is not supported on my own resources. Right now I'm pissed off at spending money on a resource I paid for recently that doesn't work and I want my money back. I'm so pissed I almost gave their resource one star and a negative review but I'm going to wait until I calm down so I can ask for help. If they fix my issues I'll give the resource a good review, if not, you know what's coming.

I rate and review most resources I use. I only negatively review resources if it's really, really bad or if the support unsupported even though it says it's supported, that's why I make sure to put in big bold red this resource is not supported on my own resources. Right now I'm pissed off at spending money on a resource I paid for recently that doesn't work and I want my money back. I'm so pissed I almost gave their resource one star and a negative review but I'm going to wait until I calm down so I can ask for help. If they fix my issues I'll give the resource a good review, if not, you know what's coming.

Why wait?

Rate it as is, and once fixed, re-rate. At least then others know the product is being properly supported.

Top Bottom