FBI wants XenForo to have a backdoor

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it happens I would create addon closing backdoor :)

Or, create a mod that makes the back-door lead them to another back-door, that just loops and loops until they are bored of opening back-doors.

It would be a felony (violation of federal law) to prevent or close the backdoor.

So you'd have to find away to release such a solution else where, because it would be illegal for XenForo to allow such content posted here. :eek: And even if you could pass that around to people some how... Anyone who is American caught using it would have broken the law. :mad:

Really hope this gets noticed by everyone as to shut down this madness.

It would be a felony (violation of federal law) to prevent or close the backdoor.

So you'd have to find away to release such a solution else where, because it would be illegal for XenForo to allow such content posted here. :eek: And even if you could pass that around to people some how... Anyone who is American caught using it would have broken the law. :mad:

Too bad. I would cite my 4th amendment rights :)

It's very impractical.
How would it work for Xenforo ?
It would include this code:
Code:
<xen: include: FBI Root Access>
Let spying = *.*,8,1
FBI = Big Brother
Let FBI do anything.
<end spy>
Of course, the bad guys would remove this code.

FWIW, most Xenforo users have hosted accounts. So ... the FBI if they wanted root access ... is likely to target ISPs and Hosts, not individual forums on individual hosting accounts.

I think some "wiretapping" of the Internets could benefit society as a whole. But I'm not sure the FBI can be trusted with the Power of the requested access. As well, the FBI is "kidding itself" if it thinks they can create holes that won't be discovered. I think the .gov has shown itself to be behind the times in the secret war in cyberspace. The FBI back door will be used by Chinese hackers / Criminals ... with much more severe security problems than the FBI would have solved with the back door.

FBI back doors in Xenforo will never work, that much is certain.

I also think that Facebook, Google, Hotmail, Big Company XYZ do not care *AT ALL* about the Privacy Rights of it's users and would happily give access to the FBI for whatever they wanted. I think that FBI backdoor access to Facebook is almost inevitable.

Only in the US.

I also think that Facebook, Google, Hotmail, Big Company XYZ do not care *AT ALL* about the Privacy Rights of it's users and would happily give access to the FBI for whatever they wanted. I think that FBI backdoor access to Facebook is almost inevitable.

Yahoo has been doing it for years

Well, if the FBI take time and start new threads on my forum. I ain't complaining, at least I'll some activity going.
Hehe, I was threatened by an ex secret service agent and the FBI (apparently) recently. Was great fun.

to have an unrestricted, unlimited, and warrant free backdoor.

I am having trouble finding anywhere in any of the articles that state this? All I found (in the first article you posted) is this..

From the FBI's perspective, expanding CALEA to cover VoIP, Web e-mail, and social networks isn't expanding wiretapping law: If a court order is required today, one will be required tomorrow as well. Rather, it's making sure that a wiretap is guaranteed to produce results.

Which is saying a court order is still needed. Nowhere in any article that I read does it state that this proposed to amend CALEA gives the FBI unrestricted, unlimited and warrent free access. Just curious where you quoted that from.

Which is saying a court order is still needed. Nowhere in any article that I read does it state that this proposed to amend CALEA gives the FBI unrestricted, unlimited and warrent free access. Just curious where you quoted that from.
exactly..lol

Some will read between the lines and draw their own conclusions though ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom