XF 2.1 favicon on links not working

🔥Iggy🔥

hello,
trying to sort this one out now....so, we have a preimported version of the site still on vbulletin on the same domain....until we can get the cursed redirects to work...

if i put a link in a post, the favicon only displays for the vb version, and shows the globe thing for the xenforo version.....which is odd because it correctly shows the favicon in the browser tab, just doesnt grab and insert it some reason.....any ideas about that?

thank you

we have a preimported version of the site still on vbulletin on the same domain....until we can get the cursed redirects to work...
Are you using this addon?

thank you for the replies....still sort of lazily working on this one, among a handful of other assorted issues...

i did since realize tho, there is a favicon url addon we are using too...so that very likely has a hand in whatever...

need more testing, just wore down a little still trying to get things all smoothed...

anyway, yes using the redirects addon, just need to really go over it all again tho as it doesnt do anything at all.....not even 404s just normal forwarding....i get confused because we are with nginx, it could be a few things there honestly...its going back all the way like vbseo> vb3/4 > xenforo, bit of a mess in the rewrites department...

needs to be a full focus at one point for any hope i feel 🙄..

ok i tried looking closer here...i have more actual useful info now...

--disabled the redirects addon and the link favicon addon
--tested/verified on default style
--outside links unfurl, but not any links from within the forum
--verified yes php and admin cp enabled
--no errors in dev tools

any ideas? a little sad it works for every site but ours

thank you

Your forum is not accessible to guests therefore unfurling won't work for your own URLs.

ahhh ok...i see, thank you to unveil the mystery on that one.....i suppose there is no work around?

pretty sure with the vbulletin version, its the same requiring login to see content but it manages to unfurl those ones...makes a little more sense now at least, thank you for that brogan

Top Bottom