1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Favicon not changing

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by denisx04, Feb 23, 2015.

1. denisx04

denisx04 Active Member

On my old dark style my favicon displays with no issues, now when I switch to my light style it displays the Xenforo favicon, I've tried pretty much anything to change it. Anyone have any suggestions?

Also, would anyone happen to know where I go to edit my social buttons? I have facebook, twitter, and youtube buttons on my homepage but I have no clue where to go to edit my pages.
  2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

See if something here, from when we were having issues, helps.
  3. denisx04

denisx04 Active Member

That didn't help, its odd because when I am logged out it displays but when I am logged in it goes back to the xenforo favicon
  4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I thought it was something else because it doesn't look like the favicon here.

In any case, perhaps @Tracy Perry can help. He's the one who helped solve our issue.
  5. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Two things to do. Check to see if you have an add-on setting it anywhere.... then, go in and check your templates for any reference to favicon.ico and see if you are setting it with a specific one for either pages or group settings.
    denisx04 and Amaury like this.
  6. denisx04

denisx04 Active Member

That was it, an addon caused the issue. Once again thank you Tracy!
    Tracy Perry likes this.
  7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

For future reference, which add-on was it?
  8. denisx04

denisx04 Active Member

It was the live updates addon, I haven't upgraded it to the latest version. After I upgraded the favicon showed up.
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  9. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

That was the one I was going to bet on, but got distracted and forgot about the thread... it was still in my draft. :D

Screen Shot 2015-02-24 at 12.34.12 PM.png
    denisx04 likes this.