Fake "XenForo" user

RWJP

Not sure exactly where to post this so thought i'd put it here for now, if @Brogan has a better place for it, feel free to move as necessary.

I've just had the following user flagged on the community I manage http://forum.hivemc.com/members/xenforo.142569/ (yes it's a Minecraft community) posting threads with the following content:

Please note, this is a message for the forum administrators / moderators.
Our Licence Agreement for xenForo has been updated, it is required by law that we post this to your forums website as it uses xenForo material. By reading this you agree to our licence agreement towards using xenForo. - The agreement is shown below.

(If you have any doubts or questions, record our business ID: 07294282.)
XENFORO LICENCE AGREEMENT UPDATE (1.1.0)

That is then followed by an exact copy of the current XenForo license agreement.

The user has registered from what appears to be a home IP address in the UK, using a Gmail address: xenforocompany@gmail.com

I assume this is some sort of fake/troll attempt, and I'd be interested to see if any other communities have seen this.

As you have surmised, you can safely ignore that as it's just a spammer/fake.

Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers Brogan.

No idea what the intention of it was, but thought it best to confirm with you guys and alert other communities.

Top Bottom