1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fake "XenForo" user

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by RWJP, Dec 13, 2014.

1. RWJP

RWJP Member

Not sure exactly where to post this so thought i'd put it here for now, if @Brogan has a better place for it, feel free to move as necessary.

I've just had the following user flagged on the community I manage http://forum.hivemc.com/members/xenforo.142569/ (yes it's a Minecraft community) posting threads with the following content:

That is then followed by an exact copy of the current XenForo license agreement.

The user has registered from what appears to be a home IP address in the UK, using a Gmail address: xenforocompany@gmail.com

I assume this is some sort of fake/troll attempt, and I'd be interested to see if any other communities have seen this.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

As you have surmised, you can safely ignore that as it's just a spammer/fake.

Thanks for the heads up.

3. RWJP

RWJP Member

Cheers Brogan.

No idea what the intention of it was, but thought it best to confirm with you guys and alert other communities.