facebook question - xenforo page

Dean

in memoriam
http://www.facebook.com/XenForo

Is there a way to automatically feed facebook from a forum, like an rss feed? I noticed that several items of information (wall posts?) are similar to the announcements forum o xf, or 'have you seen forum'. Or is everything copy/paste?

Curious with regards to my own site. I know nothing about fb.

Wow. I thought the facebook people would be all over this thread :p

Another question, is it possible to get a feed from facebook of some kind? Maybe start a thread in a forum for a wall post(?), or something else?

In regards to posting to Facebook, I think the XenForo staff just copy-pastas it. But, using Facebook's developer API, I'm pretty sure it's possible to write up a mod that can allow you to post threads from certain forums to the Page. Lots of blogs utilize this feature, and it's controllable through whatever Facebook application or forum/CMS panel they use, so not everything gets spammed to the wall.

As for Facebok->XenForo, I don't know. I think Facebook allows reading wall information, but I'm not entirely certain about that.

IPB allows for Facebook and Twitter and various other SN's, you just make a post on your forum and click the button of your choice and Bam! Posted on that site too :D very cool feature!

IPB allows for Facebook and Twitter and various other SN's, you just make a post on your forum and click the button of your choice and Bam! Posted on that site too :D very cool feature!
So there is a button on ipb which when clicked on near a post, will go to "the wall" as a new post?

Life would be simper if I spent the time learning a bit about fb.

I killed my FB account before I tested it, but I know for sure it works on Twitter :D

http://twitter.com/SkinbyDragonfly - See where the entries say "via Skin by Dragonfly" ;)

It's basically the only way I post on Twitter, I can only assume it works just as well on FB.. certainly I have many customers who use it that way.

Appreciated. Understand about where is would go on twitter, only 1 place for the information to go, a tweet. :)

Appreciated. Understand about where is would go on twitter, only 1 place for the information to go, a tweet. :)
It also pulls status updates from Twitter, FB etc if you want it too, it is a two way street once you set it up.

I am pretty sure it writes to a members wall on FB, but as I said I don't have an FB account anymore, so have never set it up or used it.

You can also pull your FB recent activity stuff to your board as well.. and so long as the member is logged in, they will see their latest FB stuff.
fbstuff.png

This app will have anyone who is logged in to both your forum, and their FB account - Recent Activity showing...

Not sure what you mean by that?
http://www.facebook.com/iogaming

That's a Facebook Page. It's like a profile, except for a business, place, website, celebrity, pretty much anything that isn't an individual's personal page.

Now my Facebook Profile (which I can't link to, since my privacy settings would show you basically nothing) is where my personal links, updates, etc are posted, for my friends to see.

The OP is wondering if there's a way to get certain threads automatically posted to a Page, not a Profile. IPB's system sends the link to a user's Profile, but doesn't allow an admin to post it to a Page.

Hope that clears it up!

Right, specifically curious about the 'wall' page since that seems to be the default. Which you stated some ipb content can be promoted to. At least I think that is what you said.

http://www.facebook.com/iogaming

That's a Facebook Page. It's like a profile, except for a business, place, website, celebrity, pretty much anything that isn't an individual's personal page.

Now my Facebook Profile (which I can't link to, since my privacy settings would show you basically nothing) is where my personal links, updates, etc are posted, for my friends to see.

The OP is wondering if there's a way to get certain threads automatically posted to a Page, not a Profile. IPB's system sends the link to a user's Profile, but doesn't allow an admin to post it to a Page.

Hope that clears it up!

Ahh Ok, well thanks for explaining, you might be right, I am no Facebook expert ;) Just know it is brilliant for Twitter and for offering a way for people to have their facebook stuff on the forums, keep people involved who might be tempted to drift off to FB.

Best to ask at IPS for a definative answer on what it can or can't do :)

Top Bottom