Facebook Page Visibility

I'm seeing:

Facebook Public Profile
Login to see this content
This public profile is not visible.
---
But I "think" I've just found out why...
If "page likers" have Private FB Profiles, then that's more than likely why their Profile (*faces*) aren't showing. *nod*

I can't see your page either. I don't see any settings to make a page public. Try reporting it to Facebook and see what they say.
Thanks Turtile, I don't see any settings either.

I do wonder if it has something to do with my Personal Profile - which is Private. Hmmm...

I do wonder if it has something to do with my Personal Profile - which is Private. Hmmm...
Nope, nothing to do with that, just tested it by going Personal Account: Public for a few seconds and then back again to Private.

Now, check this one:
http://www.facebook.com/8WayRun
See? Everyone can see this page, even when logged out of FB - so you don't need a FB account to view the content.

Reported it to Facebook, so that might take a while...... (yes I've been through their Help section)

As a page admin, you can still set specific privacy to a page, requiring users to be logged into FB, etc.

I actually just created my first page yesterday, and found these things out for myself by doing it.

As a page admin, you can still set specific privacy to a page, requiring users to be logged into FB, etc.

I actually just created my first page yesterday, and found these things out for myself by doing it.
Ah thanks Anthony, I really need to get around this...
Had a very fast reply from Facebook actually :) but it was one of those, "we're dealing with it, lots of requests".
To be honest I'm very lost on this.

Cracked it!
You must set the Age Restriction to: "Anyone (13+)".
With us being a car related website, from the very beginning I'd had it set to "17 and over", which makes sense really.

Solved :)

Heh, I was looking at that too but never considered it would block it when not logged in.

Fairly poor implementation from Facebook there - some basic instructions or information would probably help.

What fixed it for me was removing all countries. HOW? Edit your page. Go to Manager Permissions. Under "country restrictions" remove all countries. FB's note said that if you have any countries, then that person must be logged in so that they can tell what country they are from. Makes sense, but not obvious.

Top Bottom