1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Facebook login

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by tommydamic68, Sep 2, 2013.

1. tommydamic68

tommydamic68 Well-Known Member

Hello,
    What do you risk allowing Facebook login? Anything? Here is one concern I have. Some banned members from my community from many moons ago are very active on Facebook, and would love to login and terrorize the community - I had banned them from the site including blocking their IP back then. How can I safe guard my site from unwanted banned members etc geting on via the Facebook login?

I don't want to lose this great login feature.

Thanks,

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If they have a static IP address it will be the same no matter how many accounts they create, whether via Facebook or not.
    Otherwise just ban the new accounts/IP addresses.

tommydamic68 likes this.
  3. tommydamic68

Ok - good, also, is there a spot in the ACP I can just copy and paste all banned IP addresses or should i just do it via .htaccess?

4. Brogan

Users -> Banned IP Addresses

admin.php?banning/ips

5. tommydamic68

I saw this, unfortunately it wont let you copy and paste the IP's. my IP's are in this format.

example: 192.11.234, 193.23.234, 456.44.696

6. Brogan

You can specify a range but I wouldn't advise it as you could ban legitimate visitors.

7. tommydamic68

Ok- it will have to be added via .htaccess then, no problem.