Add-on Facebook Live Video Sidebar

Inkman

Can anyone help please, is it possible for anyone to make an add-on which when a certain person goes LIVE on Facebook from their page it will show the live video in the sidebar of the forum? Which does play the video but will go large when it is clicked on and will then play the sound also once clicked on.

When there is no live video if it can just show an image saying something like "ParaNights are currently not live" or something like that?
I hope someone can help and i am sure it would be handy for others too, thank you.

Last edited:
I'm also interested in facebook live integration, I made a thread here

https://xenforo.com/community/threa...e-video-stream-periscope-facebook-etc.122399/

I received a quote from ForumCube, but it was a tad high just to pay for myself.

If there's enough interest, perhaps we could to a group buy?

There's a couple of facebook groups linked to my site and facebook pages relevent to my vertical. It would be cool if:

• When any company facebook page starts public live stream, a thread is created under a specific defined account on the forum.
    • It would be nice if this could be linked to any facebook page without their authorisation, so the forum admin doesn't need to own/manage the facebook page in question. So I could for example set up the forum to monitor 5 company brand pages relevant to my vertical, and when any of them go live a thread is created. I'm not sure if that would be possible due to permission, however if the streams are all public anyway, perhaps there could be a way.

• When any live stream is initiated in a facebook group, a thread is created under a specific defined forum account associated with that group with the video embedded in the first post.
  • The same as above, but if the facebook user who is live also has a forum account linked with facebook then the thread would be created under their username.

I've been trying to figure this out for MONTHS. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the Facebook API currently has an endpoint telling you when a page/user is live.

I wanted to add Facebook as a service for my XenRio addon.

Interesting, @ForumCube seems to think it's possible as they gave me a quote after researching it. Perhaps they can chime in to share how they planned to do it?

Explaining something for free that took time to figure out would defeat the purpose of trying to solicit one's own jobs as a source of income considering that technical explanations take time.

However as a person who would not be bidding on this job I will say that I did my own research and from what I found it would take a combination of at least two different calls and some logic between the returning data but should be completely possible.

Explaining something for free that took time to figure out would defeat the purpose of trying to solicit one's own jobs as a source of income considering that technical explanations take time.

I don't expect them to post the code mate. It's just that when a very active dev posts saying that they researched it and found it wasn't possible it makes me wonder if it had originally been researched properly by the first dev (who I'm unfamiliar with), that's all.

If there's conflicting info I don't think second opinion or more info goes amiss when a high value transaction may result.

It eases my mind that a second developer, such as yourself does seem to think it's possible, thanks for the feedback.

Now I'm interested again if there's more people willing to get on board, as I can't afford the outlay myself.

I don't expect them to post the code mate. It's just that when a very active dev posts saying that they researched it and found it wasn't possible it makes me wonder if it had originally been researched properly by the first dev (who I'm unfamiliar with), that's all.

If there's conflicting info I don't think second opinion or more info goes amiss when a high value transaction may result.

It eases my mind that a second developer, such as yourself does seem to think it's possible, thanks for the feedback.

Now I'm interested again if there's more people willing to get on board, as I can't afford the outlay myself.
Or Facebook updates their API so often, that something that wasn't possible half a year ago, is now possible.

Looked into it... yep, Facebook added an API endpoint for this in version 2.8 of their API on October 26.

Unfortunately, I still can't add it to XenRio because its not open without user permissions.

Top Bottom