Not a bug Facebook Link Lost?

digitalpoint

I'm fairly certain my Facebook account was linked to my XenForo account before the 1.3 upgrade here...

In fact the "facepile" shows it as such:

upload_2014-1-22_16-9-47.webp

Were the records in xf_external_auth lost during the upgrade by chance? I also tried logging in with my FB account and it asks me to link to this account since the email matches... So either way, it appears the FB account link was lost...

Mine is showing up just like Shawn's. Says I use XenForo, but also tells me that my account isn't associated with a Facebook account.

Looking in the DB, I don't see a record in xf_user_external_auth for you, @digitalpoint. The upgrade does read from this table, but it doesn't write to it, so I have to assume you removed the link at some point (which doesn't remove the permission on FB).

Just to note, the "Unknown Account" display can happen if the token we got from FB expired (it does in 60 days). To refresh it, you'd have to login via FB again, annoyingly. Changing this would likely involve some pretty significant changes to our integration structure (though they might be worthwhile).

Looking in the DB, I don't see a record in xf_user_external_auth for you, @digitalpoint. The upgrade does read from this table, but it doesn't write to it, so I have to assume you removed the link at some point (which doesn't remove the permission on FB).
Strange... really can't imagine ever doing that in the past... but I'll just assume I sleepwalked into that area and fat fingered the removal or something at some point in the past. :)

Top Bottom