1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Facebook like - share from a thread

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by william1872, Jan 7, 2014.

1. william1872

william1872 Member

Hey all,

I have a bit of a strange problem users of our community are reporting..

When the like a post within the forum it seems to share to facebook, however when they check their timeline, or one of their friends check their timeline the post doesn't appear?

However when I check their timeline I can see the post that has been shared, I can't for the life of me figure out is it something I've set wrong in the ACP or the Facebook application I setup for the connection?

I've attached a couple of images. Any help / advice appreciated?

Attached Files:

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The post Like function is not linked with Facebook.

Are you sure it is the Like on posts they are clicking and not the link at the bottom of the page?
    If so, it must be from an add-on or a modification.
  3. william1872

william1872 Member

Oops I should have screen captured that too Brogan, sorry the bottom bit where it's 'Post To Facebook'

Attached Files:

4. Brogan

I'm not sure what the issue is then.

It is functioning as expected.
  5. william1872

william1872 Member

The shared post doesn't appear on their timeline -- I'm guessing it's a FB thing though, thanks : )
  6. Brogan

Yes, that is something we have no control over.
    william1872 likes this.
  7. william1872

william1872 Member

problem solved (my error) looks like when the facebook app was created it defaulted to sandbox mode, although I could see the posts none of the people sharing the posts could...
  8. Brogan

Ah, interesting.
    Thanks for posting that, it will be useful in the future if anyone else encounters the same problem.
    william1872 likes this.
  9. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

For prosperity, it would be good to let people know where you found this setting to be able to change it?
    william1872 likes this.
  10. william1872

william1872 Member

Thanks Brogan : )

Sure thing guys here's a screenshot -- It's not an obvious setting and took me a while to find it

"Do you want to make this app and all its live features available to the general public?"

Enable this option and that disables Sandbox mode. The setting is in Settings & Review

: ) Xenforo fb app sandbox image.png