Facebook integration not working : facebook dev alerts

Jean-Baptiste

My Facebook integration doesn't works (registration and log in with facebook).

In facebook developer center, I have the following error many times (alerts) :

Your app asks for read and write permissions at the same time. You should only ask for write permissions when a user tries to share something to Facebook. Please update your app accordingly.

In the admin panel, when I do the FB integration test, it's correctly working and fetching my profile.

Best regards.

That's simply a warning message. There's nothing that would actually be blocking the request if the integration test works.

You haven't explained what's happening and how it's not working (errors received, etc).

That's simply a warning message. There's nothing that would actually be blocking the request if the integration test works.

You haven't explained what's happening and how it's not working (errors received, etc).

I've just tried and it fully worked for me.

But my members received the error :
An error occurred while connecting with Facebook. Please try again later.

It was probably because of my network (server connection) and not of the software (XenForo) itself :oops:.

I had the same problem. Everything was working fine for me including the 'Facebook Integration' test in Xenforo Admin section. I suddenly realized I still had 'Sandbox' mode enabled in the Facebook App settings page!! I disabled it and now the Application is 'Live' and should work for everyone other than you ;)

I feel like an idiot I overlooked such a mundane thing, but hope it helps you out, too.

Your app asks for read and write permissions at the same time. You should only ask for write permissions when a user tries to share something to Facebook. Please update your app accordingly.

Hey guy's i have the same problem. Where exactly can i update the app in the dev center for the write permission ? regards

Top Bottom