Facebook Group to XenForo

PumpinIron

First off, I wasn't 100% certain what forum this should go in, so feel free to move it mods.

Next off, let me start with my problem, which is a problem that I'm sure a great deal of us have. I run a Facebook group with 2500 members. Trying to get my Facebook group members to transition to my forum (http://wranglertjforum.com) is quite possibly the most difficult thing ever.

At least once a day I post a topic from the forum onto the Facebook group and encourage people to sign-up for the forum as well. Rarely anyone ever does and it's frustrating as all hell... It's like I'm talking to a brick wall or just dealing with plain old idiots.

The group has 2500 members, my forum has 148 (I just launched it a little over a month ago). It would be awesome if people who posted to the group would post to the forum, because the group sees at least 20-30 posts a day on average.

However, since that doesn't seem to be happening, I was looking into potential XenForo add-ons when I stumbled upon this one:

https://*******.com/resources/facebook-group-to-xenforo.288/

This looks pretty cool. I mean sure, it doesn't import the actual members of the Group, but it imports all of their posts and content which would be extremely awesome for 'seeding' my forum being as though it's new.

My question is, has anyone out there ever tried this add-on? It doesn't seem to be listed on the official XenForo site which makes me skeptical...

Got it... That explains it. So is it safe to say I should stay away from their add-ons? What I mean by that is did you guys detect any malware or anything malicious going on or are you not allowed to say?

First off, I wasn't 100% certain what forum this should go in, so feel free to move it mods.

Next off, let me start with my problem, which is a problem that I'm sure a great deal of us have. I run a Facebook group with 2500 members. Trying to get my Facebook group members to transition to my forum (http://wranglertjforum.com) is quite possibly the most difficult thing ever.

At least once a day I post a topic from the forum onto the Facebook group and encourage people to sign-up for the forum as well. Rarely anyone ever does and it's frustrating as all hell... It's like I'm talking to a brick wall or just dealing with plain old idiots.

The group has 2500 members, my forum has 148 (I just launched it a little over a month ago). It would be awesome if people who posted to the group would post to the forum, because the group sees at least 20-30 posts a day on average.

However, since that doesn't seem to be happening, I was looking into potential XenForo add-ons when I stumbled upon this one:

https://*******.com/resources/facebook-group-to-xenforo.288/

This looks pretty cool. I mean sure, it doesn't import the actual members of the Group, but it imports all of their posts and content which would be extremely awesome for 'seeding' my forum being as though it's new.

My question is, has anyone out there ever tried this add-on? It doesn't seem to be listed on the official XenForo site which makes me skeptical...
have you solved your problem importing posts from fb groups to xenforo?

VB 4.0 had a FB importer for pulling content from your group discussion into your forum and then placing the content inside a select section within your forum.

tonmo, I'm lucky since I started my forum before MZ was out of grade school. I juse wanted to point out one thing FB is nothing more then a forum with just a lot of bells and whistles. And I also believe unless a platform come out the compare closely to FB or at least you can get as close to FB by using addons, that mist people will start using FB groups and moat forum will be in trouble.By the way the biggest reason I left VB to XF was due to the fact I believe XF is close to being there. Not there but moving that direction.

Yeah I started my forum in 2000. 10-12 years ago it was absolutely thriving. Google is no longer as kind as it once was to forums, and yes Facebook has sucked all the air out of the room. History of my forum in a nutshell (although I never personally directed people to FB - they just went):
IMG_20171122_062830.webp

Last edited:
Top Bottom