XF 1.1 Facebook Error

PetSue

I have tried & tried to work out the facebook Integration, but every time I run the test I get this error

- Facebook returned the following error: (#5) Unauthorized source IP address.

I have logged in with 2 different admin account both on forum & FB yet still get same error. Both of those accounts are admins in the App.

Does anyone have any clue what I'm doing wrong please?

Thank you.

Ok well I have no idea what to do or how to fix it, I just can't understand how this isn't working for us.

This is a new install and then an import of vB 3.8 and the Facebook App was set up exactly as per the how-to form here, yet after adding the Server IP & my own IP in Whitelist on FB App, I still get the same error :(

A person in one of those threads reported he had an IP mismatch due to his server sending the facebook request through a different IP. Does your server have multiple IPs? Or maybe your server is behind a proxy that masks the IP. What IP do you get when you ping your domain name?

A person in one of those threads reported he had an IP mismatch due to his server sending the facebook request through a different IP. Does your server have multiple IPs? Or maybe your server is behind a proxy that masks the IP. What IP do you get when you ping your domain name?

Not sure whether the server has multiple IP's or not sorry and the IP on ping is the one I have added to the Whitelist. What was interesting though was that after adding the Server IP, FB then showed error saying it needed my IP as well. I added that and then it was accepted, but then checking it on XenForo it still came back with the same error :(

It would be easier if the error told you what IP was making the request. The IP isn't authorized for some reason. Maybe Facebook has you blacklisted, but you would have to contact them about this.

Well I'm getting no where with this problem. Facebook is useless to try and get support for as have posted but no reply and you can't contact them, only post on their Community. I've spoken to Server Host and they have the same IP that I had and they tested it and their tests show that it's connecting fine with Facebook Apps.

So I deleted App, made a new one exactly following the how-to here, waited for 30 minutes for it to propagate, added data in XenForo Admin, ran test and once again the same error comes up. This time though I'm now at work testing it and it's still the same error of 'Unauthorized source IP address."

I'm at a loss and not happy as this was one of the reasons we moved across to XenForo and now we can't get it going.

Another issue is the FB Like button for a thread - when clicking this it comes back with error yet go to my FB page and the thread is shown. Is this linked to our error issue or is this separate?

I'm sorry to drag up an old thread but we decided to give this a try again as figured surely the issue would have been fixed by now, but nope.

We still receive the exact same error being the IP issue.

Would anyone have any suggestions please as it's very frustrating and we would love to have the Fb integration in Xenforo but still can't :(

I found your ticket with Mike from last year. He basically said the same thing as me and he linked to the same thread. I have reopened your ticket. We'll see if Mike has anything new to offer about this problem.

Thanks for the help Mike, just frustrating as we've tried it from different computers in different states, so totally different IP's and still get the same error.

Any idea what IP it would be blocking, as in our forum IP or FB ip or host IP?

It's the host IP - it doesn't have to do with the end user. You may want to try removing any whitelist options on FB as suggested in the linked thread.

I did a lookup on the domain and found that the domain is associated with softlayer.com. It's highly possible that the CIDR is blacklisted as softlayer is commonly used by script kiddies and spammers. I've permanently blocked every CIDR I've found so far in iptables. Facebook may be doing so as well.

Top Bottom