Facebook Avatar Kind of a One Time Deal?

Digital Jedi

Am I correct in assuming that pretty much the only time your Facebook profile pic syncs as your avatar is during registration, and that's it? I notice I can't retrieve it with an already created account.

It might be a stupid suggestion but have you tried rebuilding caches? I wouldn't know if it effects anything as I never tried registering with FB or anything other than the built in registration form but I would probably tried that first if I ran into the same issue myself.

I did run the User Cache rebuild right after importing everyone from a vB 3.8 board. My own account, however, didn't seem to include any kind of avatar sync when I associated it with Facebook. However, I tried a test account with my daughter's Facebook profile, and it synced upon registration. But even here on Xenforo.com, I don't really see any way to have my avatar updated to my current profile pic. It just uses the one I had when I registered 2 years ago. There's Use a custom avatar or Use Gravatar. Nothing really about Facebook, other than my initial profile pic sitting in the first box as if it had been uploaded manually.

I did run the User Cache rebuild right after importing everyone from a vB 3.8 board. My own account, however, didn't seem to include any kind of avatar sync when I associated it with Facebook. However, I tried a test account with my daughter's Facebook profile, and it synced upon registration. But even here on Xenforo.com, I don't really see any way to have my avatar updated to my current profile pic. It just uses the one I had when I registered 2 years ago. There's Use a custom avatar or Use Gravatar. Nothing really about Facebook, other than my initial profile pic sitting in the first box as if it had been uploaded manually.

The avatar is being copied while the registration and that's it;)

I mean it (the whole 3rd party site thing) is totally useless for me personally because I am not on facebook or anything like that...but quickly thinking about it, for people that register and login through facebook and all of that jazz, it might be a good idea to have a button @ http://xenforo.com/community/account/avatar where a user can 'update avatar from (x|y)' , that pulls in a preview image, and then they can click the modify avatar button to apply the change.

Top Bottom