1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook Avatar Kind of a One Time Deal?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Digital Jedi, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Digital Jedi

Digital Jedi Well-Known Member

Am I correct in assuming that pretty much the only time your Facebook profile pic syncs as your avatar is during registration, and that's it? I notice I can't retrieve it with an already created account.

2. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

It might be a stupid suggestion but have you tried rebuilding caches? I wouldn't know if it effects anything as I never tried registering with FB or anything other than the built in registration form but I would probably tried that first if I ran into the same issue myself.

3. Digital Jedi

I did run the User Cache rebuild right after importing everyone from a vB 3.8 board. My own account, however, didn't seem to include any kind of avatar sync when I associated it with Facebook. However, I tried a test account with my daughter's Facebook profile, and it synced upon registration. But even here on Xenforo.com, I don't really see any way to have my avatar updated to my current profile pic. It just uses the one I had when I registered 2 years ago. There's Use a custom avatar or Use Gravatar. Nothing really about Facebook, other than my initial profile pic sitting in the first box as if it had been uploaded manually.

4. xf_phantom

xf_phantom Well-Known Member

The avatar is being copied while the registration and that's it;)

5. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

I mean it (the whole 3rd party site thing) is totally useless for me personally because I am not on facebook or anything like that...but quickly thinking about it, for people that register and login through facebook and all of that jazz, it might be a good idea to have a button @ http://xenforo.com/community/account/avatar where a user can 'update avatar from (x|y)' , that pulls in a preview image, and then they can click the modify avatar button to apply the change.

xf_phantom likes this.
  6. Digital Jedi

Does seem like a bit of an oversight.

xf_phantom likes this.
  7. xf_phantom

xf_phantom Well-Known Member