Facebook Application Setup

Mopquill

I may be daft, but, I'm having trouble finding documentation on how to set up the application itself for use with Facebook. It's not just for logging in, right? You can have people like things on your forum and have it show up on facebook, correct?

I'm looking at all the settings on facebook, and I don't quite get what I'm supposed to be doing, or how to get things started. I can't "submit" my application until it has users, and I thought submit meant "finalize" it. I've put my Application ID and my Secret into the XenForo settings, but, I imagine there are facebook settings I'd need to put in that are specific to being used with XenForo.

I'd appreciate any help, and again, I apologize if this is somewhere obvious and I've overlooked it. (I overlooked the importer earlier yesterday >.<)

It's easy mate... I'll try my best to explain.

1. Login to the admin panel
  2. Click Options
  3. Click Facebook
  4. Click the facebook application link
  5. Create an application name (IE.. Name of your forum)
  6. Click website on the left
  7. Site URL should be the actual forum url http://domain/forum
  8. Site domain should be the ROOT only domain.com (without http and www)
  9. Click Save
  10. now you should be on the dash menu , copy the application ID code and paste it into te facebook application ID slot that was in the facebook options part in the admin panel
  11. now copy the application secret code from the facebook dash and paste it into the facebook application secret slot in the facebook option part in the admin panel.

Click save.

Woola. Go to your profile and intergrate.

I've done all of that already, I just didn't know about the integrate page in our XF options.

However, upon trying to invoke that: An error occurred while connecting with Facebook. Please try again later.

The "application" just seems to be an iframe of my site. If I try changing it from iframe to FBML, I get errors on the application page. I'm not sure what's up. :-/

I have a FB side. Where i get there my application key? I must create a new application? but what happened with my Facebook side, i have the two sides?

Top Bottom