• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Faceboard (XenForo Edition) [WIP]

Taylor J

Well I made two skins Faceboard and Faceboard Green for IP.Board, but now that I have a license I will also be making these skins for XenForo.

If you haven't seen the Faceboard skins yet here is an image of the IP.Board version.

monthly_12_2010_4c0ab31de36c558205f6e677395113fc-faceboard_screenshot.png

Now there will be some changes to the skin, mainly the sidebar will be on the left instead of the right, and some other cool new features.

Tell me what you guys think :).

Also this skin will be paid, but not much, probably the same price as the IP.Board version and it will be released at www.InvisixenSkins.com when it is back up and running with it's new design and system :).

Lolz, it has sold pretty good on IP.Board, and well my skinning site is supposed to be doing XF now, so why not bring my best seller over?

I think to imitate facebook is a bad idea.
A forum etc., must have their own distinctive character.

Well really, the only thing that the skin and facebook have in common is the logo placement and color scheme, but you can't own colors :P.

Um, I did say I will be adding a lot of cool things which pretty much means original, did I not?
Unless its a complete re-design that took Facebook as a concept for an original piece (inspiration) it will still be a mimic of the Facebook style.

:O I think if facebook is the concept, staying close to the original isn't too bad.

I remember this style from IPB. I hope your work goes well Rev.

Unless its a complete re-design that took Facebook as a concept for an original piece (inspiration) it will still be a mimic of the Facebook style.
Just like a gaming skin about cod will be a mimic of the cod game.

I'm surprised, so much discouraging posts (casually) :O And here is usually such a nice community.

Thank you :).

:O I think if facebook is the concept, staying close to the original isn't too bad.

Its more an issue of the whole inspiration/ripped debate.

I actually do not like when people do not do anything original with their work, and just mimic/copy someone elses style. It isn't artistic in the slightest, and it shows a lack of originality and seeing designers do it just bothers me. What is the point of designing something when it is someone elses vision?

Just like a gaming skin about cod will be a mimic of the cod game.

Thank you :).

Because a style based off of a game would still be a completely original style that is that persons vision, and only uses elements or imagery (which will either be original or stock) in the making of it. Mimicking someone elses UI without any original changes is nothing more than a port of their design.

Its more an issue of the whole inspiration/ripped debate.

I actually do not like when people do not do anything original with their work, and just mimic/copy someone elses style. It isn't artistic in the slightest, and it shows a lack of originality and seeing designers do it just bothers me. What is the point of designing something when it is someone elses vision?

Because a style based off of a game would still be a completely original style that is that persons vision, and only uses elements or imagery (which will either be original or stock) in the making of it. Mimicking someone elses UI without any original changes is nothing more than a port of their design.
I never mimicked the UI though, the only thing that is similar is the GUI which is the colors, when thousands of other sites use as well.

I actually very much like it and look forward to seeing it's release. It would be very cool to see it live on a site, as the entire software emits a facebook-like feel. Not sure what genera could use it, but I'll think of something :)

Top Bottom