1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extra fields in new thread?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by RobParker, Feb 6, 2011.

1. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

I'm not sure whether this could be as simple as a template edit or whether it'd require a full add-on.

We have a news forum where news is posted from other sites. What I'd like to do is make it as easy as possible for our posters to post their own description/comments on the news in the first post. What I'd like to end up with something like http://www.macrumors.com/ where there's a comment, a few selected lines from a news story and then a link to the full article.

I'm not sure whether the forms add-on being discussed would solve this or whether we could do it easier with a template edit.
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I am not sure I understand what you mean, but new threads only have two form fields, a title and a message. There is no option for additional fields when posting a new thread. That would require an addon.