Lack of interest EXTRA.css in admin

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

simbolo

I like to do some minor styling to the admin and it would help to have an EXTRA.css in the admin templates like there is on the frontend for minor changes.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Could you not use the same Extra.css and separate the two using something like this to keep things organized still. Just an idea!

/*
Frontend Changes
*/

css code here

/*
Backend Changes
*/

css code here

Side note... One thing I've always wondered about XenForo is why the public and admin templating system is split into two different modules. Controllers, yes... but two unique templating systems seems like extra work to maintain when ultimately they do the exact same thing... and as a byproduct, doing stuff with admin templates is almost crippled compared to the public templates (for example you can't even search within admin templates).

doing stuff with admin templates is almost crippled compared to the public templates (for example you can't even search within admin templates).
Not being able to search within templates has been frustrating. Ended up using webdav, and grep to do searching within the admin templates. A huge PITA.

Side note... One thing I've always wondered about XenForo is why the public and admin templating system is split into two different modules. Controllers, yes... but two unique templating systems seems like extra work to maintain when ultimately they do the exact same thing... and as a byproduct, doing stuff with admin templates is almost crippled compared to the public templates (for example you can't even search within admin templates).

I wonder if this is deliberate - to stop us accidentally screwing up our Admin templates and effectively damaging our ability to manage our own board? (Well, for those of us who aren't inclined to customise our Admin area's anyway - yourself and a few others are obviously exempt from this ... :D )

I wonder if this is deliberate - to stop us accidentally screwing up our Admin templates and effectively damaging our ability to manage our own board? (Well, for those of us who aren't inclined to customise our Admin area's anyway - yourself and a few others are obviously exempt from this ... :D )
You could filter out the admin templates automatically if the user doesn't have access to the development tab in the admin CP or something... {shrug}

You could filter out the admin templates automatically if the user doesn't have access to the development tab in the admin CP or something... {shrug}

It was meant as more of a nod towards your abilities as a coder - you and a few others are far less likely to screw it up than me ... so it's probably a good idea I can't edit the templates by default. ;)

Top Bottom