1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

extending the characters allowed in a smilies' names

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by zaiger, Mar 28, 2012.

1. zaiger

zaiger Active Member

I am trying to add a short quote for the name of an emote so that it is shown when a user hovers over it, but I am getting the error "Please enter a value using 50 characters or fewer".

Anyone know how I can raise this limit? I have no problems with editing core files if that is the only way.
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You would need to modify:

protected function _getFields()
    		return array(
    			'xf_smilie' => array(
    				'smilie_id'   => array('type' => self::TYPE_UINT, 'autoIncrement' => true),
    				'title'       => array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'required' => true, 'maxLength' => 50,
    						'requiredError' => 'please_enter_valid_title'
    				'smilie_text' => array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'required' => true,
    						'verification' => array('$this', '_verifySmilieText'), 'requiredError' => 'please_enter_valid_smilie_text'
    				'image_url'   => array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'required' => true, 'maxLength' => 200,
    						'requiredError' => 'please_enter_valid_url'
    				'sprite_mode' => array('type' => self::TYPE_BOOLEAN, 'default' => false),
    				'sprite_params' => array('type' => self::TYPE_SERIALIZED, 'default' => ''),
    As well as edit the xf_smilie table in the database.
    zaiger likes this.
  3. zaiger

zaiger Active Member

Great thank you! I didn't get an email notification for this for some reason so I didn't think I got an answer.