XF 1.5 Extending Main-Navigation

vFranky

Hello,

I have "Forums, Media" and "Members" in my top main navigation. I would like more menu points. How?

Thank you in advance & kind regards,
Frank

Attachments

• main-navigation.webp
    main-navigation.webp
    2.3 KB · Views: 4
You would need to edit the navigation template and add your links/tabs manually.

If you want the tab to focus when on the page, that would require custom development.

It's speculation that this functionality will be included in any "2.0" version of xF.

For almost half a decade this functionality has been requested to be added to the base product.

Nada.

It's speculation that this functionality will be included in any "2.0" version of xF.

For almost half a decade this functionality has been requested to be added to the base product.

Nada.
The XenForo developers specifically mentioned this as to why it hasn't been added currently and implied that this will be looked at in XenForo 2.0. See the "What Kind of Changes" section in this post:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/whats-next-for-xenforo.79603/

Nada.

Ha, half a decade is nothing. That has been wanted in vB since 2.x, it was not added till 4.2.0 came out. ;) Having created a mod for vB to add navigation items without template edits was no easy task. There is alot to take into consideration to pull it off correctly.

Top Bottom