Extended Smilie SQL Import [Deleted]

Adam Howard

Adam Howard submitted a new resource:

Extended Smilie SQL Import - The SQL file for Shelley's extended smilies

System Requirements:
  • XenForo 1.2.x
  • Shelley's extended smilies
  • knowledge how to import SQL file into database

This is the SQL export of xf_smillie so you can easily import all the smilies at once from Shelley's Extend Smillies (link)

Per @Shelley's request, please keep all your support questions here only

Read more about this resource...

What's the difference between this one and the one already released and maintained for a long time now by @Sheldon as even Shelley mentioned already existed..

What's the difference between this one and the one already released and maintained for a long time now by @Sheldon as even Shelley mentioned already existed..
^ Support question

Answer....

There are 2 differences.

He deleted his and so it was discontinued.

Mine will be continued so long as Shelley releases updates, so will I. And the other difference is this one came from my database base (not Sheldon's).

Shelley seems OK with also (see attached).

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2013-09-02 20:00:13.webp
    Screenshot from 2013-09-02 20:00:13.webp
    54 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot from 2013-09-02 20:00:22.webp
    Screenshot from 2013-09-02 20:00:22.webp
    51.2 KB · Views: 26
^ Support question

Answer....

There are 2 differences.

He deleted his and so it was discontinued.

Mine will be continued so long as Shelley releases updates, so will I. And the other difference is this one came from my database base (not Sheldon's).

Shelley seems OK with also (see attached).

Seriously? You post a screenshot me agreeing?

Seriously? You post a screenshot me agreeing?
I take screen shots of anyone who agrees to let me do X, Y, or Z for a point of reference. Just so it does not come into question later by other individuals.

Nothing aimed personally at you @Shelley. Just general practice and policy for good measure. :)

I get an error when I try to import the sql file:

Code:
SQL-Befehl:

-- -- Dumping data for table `xf_smilie` -- INSERT INTO `xf_smilie` (`smilie_id`, `title`, `smilie_text`, `image_url`, `sprite_mode`, `sprite_params`) VALUES (1, 'Smile', ':)\n:-)\n(:', 'styles/default/xenforo/xenforo-smilies-sprite.png', 1, 'a:4:{s:1:"w";i:19;s:1:"h";i:19;s:1:"x";i:0;s:1:"y";i:0;}'), (2, 'Wink', ';)', 'styles/default/xenforo/xenforo-smilies-sprite.png', 1, 'a:4:{s:1:"w";i:18;s:1:"h";i:18;s:1:"x";i:-60;s:1:"y";i:-21;}'), (3, 'Frown', ':(', 'styles/default/xenforo/xenforo-smilies-sprite.png', 1, 'a:4:{s:1:"w";i:18;s:1:"h";i:18;s:1:"x";i:-40;s:1:"y";i:-42;}'), (4, 'Mad', ':mad:\n>:(\n:@', 'styles/default/xenforo/xenforo-smilies-sprite.png', 1, 'a:4:{s:1:"w";i:18;s:1:"h";i:18;s:1:"x";i:-60;s:1:"y";i:0;}'), (5, 'Confused', ':confused:', 'styles/default/xenforo/xenforo-smilies-sprite.png', 1, 'a:4:{s:1:"w";i:18;s:1:"h";i:18;s:1:"x";i:-40;s:1:"y";i:-21;}'), (6, 'Cool', ':cool:\n8-)', 'styles/default/xenforo/xenforo-smilies-sprite.png', 1, 'a:4:{s:1:"w";i:18;s:1:"h";i:18;s[...]

MySQL meldet: Dokumentation

#1062 - Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY'

I get an error when I try to import the sql file:

Code:
SQL-Befehl:

-- -- Dumping data for table `xf_smilie` -- INSERT INTO `xf_smilie` (`smilie_id`, `title`, `smilie_text`, `image_url`, `sprite_mode`, `sprite_params`) VALUES (1, 'Smile', ':)\n:-)\n(:', 'styles/default/xenforo/xenforo-smilies-sprite.png', 1, 'a:4:{s:1:"w";i:19;s:1:"h";i:19;s:1:"x";i:0;s:1:"y";i:0;}'), (2, 'Wink', ';)', 'styles/default/xenforo/xenforo-smilies-sprite.png', 1, 'a:4:{s:1:"w";i:18;s:1:"h";i:18;s:1:"x";i:-60;s:1:"y";i:-21;}'), (3, 'Frown', ':(', 'styles/default/xenforo/xenforo-smilies-sprite.png', 1, 'a:4:{s:1:"w";i:18;s:1:"h";i:18;s:1:"x";i:-40;s:1:"y";i:-42;}'), (4, 'Mad', ':mad:\n>:(\n:@', 'styles/default/xenforo/xenforo-smilies-sprite.png', 1, 'a:4:{s:1:"w";i:18;s:1:"h";i:18;s:1:"x";i:-60;s:1:"y";i:0;}'), (5, 'Confused', ':confused:', 'styles/default/xenforo/xenforo-smilies-sprite.png', 1, 'a:4:{s:1:"w";i:18;s:1:"h";i:18;s:1:"x";i:-40;s:1:"y";i:-21;}'), (6, 'Cool', ':cool:\n8-)', 'styles/default/xenforo/xenforo-smilies-sprite.png', 1, 'a:4:{s:1:"w";i:18;s:1:"h";i:18;s[...]

MySQL meldet: Dokumentation

#1062 - Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY'
You have to first empty xf_smilie

Key word is empty, not drop.

Thanks, this works. Now I have 134 smilies.

But in my editor, I have only 12 smilies.

smile.webp

How can I display all smilies?

Last edited:
Thanks, this works. Now I have 134 smilies.

But in my editor, I have only 12 smilies.

View attachment 59212

How can I display all smilies?
Go into the smilie manager. Click on edit on one of the new smilies (something that didn't come with default XenForo). Don't change anything, just click on save. This should force them to "repopulate" and display.

So how to use this?
  • Download this resource http://xenforo.com/community/resources/xenforo-extended-smilies.906/
  • Extract it and follow the instructions
  • Download the current resource (the one you are visiting now)
  • Extract the zip
  • Backup your database
  • empty the table xf_smilie inside your database (you can do this using phpMyAdmin for example)
  • Import the supplied xf_smilie.sql file into your database
  • Go to your AdminCP
  • Edit 1 smilie (don't change anything, just click edit, then save)

DONE :)

Top Bottom