Lack of interest Extend Delay of Fading Alerts

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Onimua

For a handful of alerts (say 1-5) it's easy to see which ones are marked "new", but after being away for a few hours and you have 10 or more (I came back to find 13 waiting for me), I only got half-way down the list before the yellow highlight faded and then it was hard to tell which was new since my last visit and the ones that were there before that.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Agreed. I noticed the same. How about keeping the yellow highlight for 5-8 seconds, then fading out? Also maybe have a divider between new alerts and old alerts that doesn't go away until you reload the page?

I completely agree. In fact, I see no reason the yellow should go away at all.

Any reasoning behind this?

:confused:

Yeah, that. I believe I read somewhere that it denotes alerts that have been marked read in the last 10 minutes.

It appears you are correct. And the yellow background shows up for every new alert in yellow for a short time.

yeah, it needs to be shown a bit longer. it fades before I have a chance to click, and when I'm using the site during a busy period I have a lot of alerts within the last 10 minutes, so now clue how many of them I haven't read yet

Yeah, that. I believe I read somewhere that it denotes alerts that have been marked read in the last 10 minutes.

Oh... maybe it good to explain this somewhere, because I thought this would be my 'new' alerts or something?

Thank you! Still not really getting it, those yellow stars. But it is late... I've been up until 03:30 almost every night, trying to cure my XenForo addiction, while browsing www.xenforo.com/community... :rolleyes:

Check out the status on my profile. ;)

The yellow starts are just a longer version of alerts. Really, the extension on the fading isn't really necessary now that they've implemented the little yellow star, but making them a second or two longer wouldn't hurt.

Just think of it as a longer marker. When you view any alerts, the yellow fades and when you have a lot of alerts, you can get confused between what you just read a few minutes ago and what just happened. They're really just "This was made in the last 10 minutes." It's just another visual clue to help you keep up with alerts.

I'm really not sure if I'm making this worse or better for you... lol.

How do these yellow stars work?

Basic summation: If the alert is less than 10 minutes old, a yellow star is shown in the alert.

Actually, if it was READ within the last 10 minutes it shows the little yellow star.

I'm sorry (must be my age ;)), but I still don't get it. I went to XenForo's today and had 16 new Alerts. I also had 16 new yellow stars on them. Then... I spend more then 10 minutes writing a reply to a thread that I was Alerted on. Then I went back to my Alerts (did I do a browser-refresh ... I can't remember) and all the yellow stars where gone. How can I see after 10 minutes which Alerts are new and I didn't read yet?

If we are already this confused about them, there needs to be a better, more clear way to handle this? See also this related suggestion: http://xenforo.com/community/thread...trl-left-click.1662/

You open them all in seperate tabs, and then deal with them :D After 10 minutes you won't know the difference, they were marked read as soon as you opened the Alerts drop down

Top Bottom