Export thread

Export thread [Paid] 1.4

No permission to buy ($35.00)

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Export thread - Allows exporting contents of a thread.

Premium upgrade:

This XF2 add-on along with the entire collection can be purchased for $25.00 USD. Your Premium upgrade will allow you to download as many XF2 add-ons as you like for one year. Please see the entire collection located in the Resources area at this URL:

https://www.xf2addons.com/

Note: all my XF1 add-ons are still 100% free and are supported by donations.

Description:

Allows exporting contents of a thread.

This add-on is useful should you need to...

Read more about this resource...

Hi Andy,

I am mildly confused. How does this work? Does this use webpagetopdf.com via like parameters?

To export a thread (from forum a) and import it (to forum b) would be also a wonderful addon.
It should export also all posts and maybe all all users connected to this thread to decide if they are needed.

I have installed addons (change date/user) and with deletion of one post i have deleted the whole thread unfortunately.
Because the forum is existing on two servers it would be nice to export thread 1234 and import it somewhere else.

Just as an idea - now i try it with the manual way with phpmyadmin and dont like it. :)

More or less you need to change

select title from thread, posts with thread_id

to something like

select title from conv, conv_posts with conv_id

Should be no big story to do this.

Also my export / import was done in 2 minutes.

Some suggestions to this addon:

There is still to much design for printing, but everyone can change this in the .css.
I have done this now to have a really clean page without header, footer, borders and with a white background.

Less people use custom_thread_fields, i guess, but if so, they maybe want to print that also.
As far i have checked the code, this needs only some lines to add. Maybe with or without an option to show them.
People who need the custom fields will not use the addon and just print the normal page.

Hi @AndyB -- we're having an issue exporting threads over 500 posts. Some are attempting to use the export data for analytical purposes, but without the full thread it becomes impossible. Is there a way to find out why this is happening and, ideally, fix it?

Thanks for your time :)

Top Bottom