1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Export / download all users registration email addresses?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by flowerpot132, Nov 13, 2014.

1. flowerpot132

flowerpot132 Formerly mugtree

Can this be done? So I want to download all users email addresses so I can send them an email. I know I can do this through the admin back end but I want to use mailchimp to send this particular email. So want to export them out of xenforo.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There is no export option from the ACP.

You could run a query and do it that way.
  3. flowerpot132

Oh right :(. Why is that? How do I run a query for that please?
  4. Insy

Insy Well-Known Member

In which format do you want to export your emails ?
  5. flowerpot132

Any really, but excel would be nice.
  6. Brogan

In phpMyAdmin:
    SELECT email FROM `xf_user`;
    Export as CSV.
  7. flowerpot132

Sorry, you might have to guide to where to do that. All I have is FTP and /admin access?
  8. Brogan

It may be easier if you just do this:

Copy and paste the list to Excel and use the concatenate function to separate the email address and names.
  9. flowerpot132

Great! Thanks, that was all I was after.

So I copied and pasted that into excel which drops them into one column each on separate rows going down. Each cell contains the email address and the users name all together so have to separate the email address out manually or use this code in the column next to it and that will chuck out just the email address for you! Remember to click into the cell and then paste this code in first.

=TRIM(RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE(LEFT(A1,FIND (" ",A1&" ",FIND("@",A1))-1)," ", REPT(" ",LEN(A1))),LEN(A1)))

Got that from this website:
  10. Brogan

Text to columns, delimited on space would also do it.