1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Experts Exchange

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Deepmartini, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Deepmartini

Deepmartini Well-Known Member

Google slapped forums too not just content farms. Look at Experts Exchange. Internet Brands whole business is forums. Spanked!
  2. Ati

Ati Active Member

Experts Exchange is a fee-based service, isn't it? It makes sense to NOT include them in search results, since a normal user won't be able to get access to the information anyway.

If this really happened, I'm happy about it in a way. I was getting annoyed by all the results that I could not read anyway.

I wasn't aware of them being part of Internet Brands though. (And the site is down now, can't check.)
    tickedon and Onimua like this.
  3. gfc

gfc Active Member

Free Hint: scroll down at experts exchange and you'll see all content..
  4. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Well-Known Member

Indeed. In most cases that works...every now and then they have that content blocked, too.
  5. Ati

Ati Active Member

You don't actually see the responses to the questions, do you? (Or am I mistaking it for some other site? :confused:)

Oh, they're back online. You don't see the responses, you need to subscribe.
  6. gordy

gordy Well-Known Member

Google's cache doesn't miss it ;) FWIW
    jmurrayhead likes this.
  7. gfc

gfc Active Member

You do see. Really at the button with smal font size.
  8. ijeffers

ijeffers Active Member

Getting answer's off expert's exchange, I find your more likely to see the answer if you get redirected by google then you do by searching their site. ;)
  9. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Well-Known Member

lol yeah I actually tried searching their site once...got nowhere with that :rolleyes:
    ijeffers likes this.
  10. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

If one has to go physically looking to actually see the answers, meaning you have to actually strain yourself to find the answer, it's not worth it.

I just looked, and I never knew they were actually thereā€“I just left and went to another site and since then whenever I see a search result with that site, I never bothered with it again. If you advertise that people have to pay to see it and that's the first thing they see, more often than not they're just going to leave without searching for answers on that site.
  11. ijeffers

ijeffers Active Member

Oh so true, the only reason I go to it is because google picks up something which normally helps with my problem. ;)