XF 2.2 Expanding Sidebar Size

YamahaMT

Hi there,

I cant figure out how to expand my sidebar size to 300px. I have set the size in both the parent theme and the style theme. ie Fury and then Fury-Dark to these settings.

When i add a widget that is 300px wide it overlaps the sidebar.

What am i missing?

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 9.31.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 9.34.22 AM.webp

I just made the sidebar width 325 and be done with it. Im not sure why the ad was overlapping

I'm assuming you placed this using a HTML widget? If so, there's an option you can check when editing the widget called "Advanced mode" that removes the surrounding container that contains padding. The padding was causing the width of the content to be less than 300px.

Just as a heads up why it was doing it.

I'm assuming you placed this using a HTML widget? If so, there's an option you can check when editing the widget called "Advanced mode" that removes the surrounding container that contains padding. The padding was causing the width of the content to be less than 300px.

Just as a heads up why it was doing it.
Got it. So I could just place the code in the advanced section at it won’t show any padding or container background?

Got it. So I could just place the code in the advanced section at it won’t show any padding or container background?

There's no advanced section, it's just an option on the widget. Checking that option down there will remove the padding + background on the widget. Place just your ad code in the template box.

oogDvYr.webp

Top Bottom