1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Expanding Banner

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by AndreaMarucci, Jun 10, 2012.

1. AndreaMarucci

AndreaMarucci Well-Known Member

I don't know how they're called but I would like to implement one of them on my board. i'm talking about these banners that are in standard dimensions (eg. 480x60) but when you hover them they expand to a much larger image.

I'd like to put one of them in the upper right of my forum to advertise some events but I've tried to google with no luck.

Any suggestion on how to find the code and implement it in XF?

2. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

It is Called pull-down banner. It is a piece of code not a fixed size image.
  3. AndreaMarucci

Thanks. Any suggestion on where to find it and how to use it in Xenforo su build what I'd need?
  4. HWS

HWS Well-Known Member

It is a standard 468x60 banner connected with a javascript that simply pops out a 468x500 banner when you hoover over it. You can ask an online ad agency for the code or write it yourself. You may get hints how to do it if you catch and read the javascript at a site that is using such a banner.
  5. AndreaMarucci

I'll grab the code if I was able to find a site using it
  6. AndreaMarucci

Anyone has such a script to implement in XF?