XF 1.2 EXIF Jpg Image Info Geo Privacy - Remove jpg geographic data

ProCom

As more and more phones w/cameras and cameras have GPS data added into images, the more privacy concerns arise.

A lot of people have no idea that the specific location of the picture is stored inside the image (as well as camera information, etc.)

I believe Facebook and many other services automatically strip out this info to protect users from themselves.

Is there a way to have xF automatically strip out the information, especially geographic data, on upload?

I know some sites may want exif data, but we've never used it and never plan to use it, so the option in the admin panel to "Automatically strip exif on upload" option would be great!
Use jhead and follow the insert outlined by @HWS and insert it into the Upload.php at line 204. Works for me (I modified it to just auto-rotate).

Here's a link in Resources to modify the Upload.php file so it will Auto Rotate the image.

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/auto-image-orientation-for-iphone-and-ipad.1755/

Unfortunately as far as I know the Upload.php file cannot be extended, so an add-on cannot be made to Auto Rotate images.
@Andy B I think you need to modify the resource. Line 189 isn't where it looks like it needs to be as there was some extra code added into the Upload.php in that area. I put it at line 204 and it works.

The issue regarding attaching images from mobile phone that contain coordinate information in the EXIF is rather small. The reason is that most phones these days take very large pictures, by large I mean the width and height typically exceed allowed upload limits. So Xenforo resizes the images and during that process it will remove the EXIF data.

Top Bottom