1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Exclude nodes from message count/reduce message count

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by MattH, Apr 24, 2015.

1. MattH

MattH Active Member

Hi,

Is there a way to exclude nodes from message count stats? I have a few that are fed via RSS and producing a high number of messages.

Also, it seemed that when I deleted these messages the message count remained at the same number - is that standard or does it change later due to caching etc?

Thanks

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Under the [Forum Options] tab for the node:
    upload_2015-4-24_20-10-58.png

3. MattH

MattH Active Member

Thanks - I unchecked the nodes, but the message count remained the same will this simply not increase from now, or is this counting from a different source?:

Forum Statistics
    Discussions:

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The counts will no longer increase.

It would require a query to change it, I believe there may be a guide in the resources.

MattH likes this.
  5. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

MattH likes this.
  6. MattH

MattH Active Member

Hi @Liam W does this work with v1.4 or will my forum self destruct?

7. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

It's best to ask in the add-on thread, but we're running 1.4.5 with no problems from it.

8. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I think there are some crossed wires here. It appears that the reference is to the forum-wide counts ("forum statistics"), not user-specific counts. There's no way to skip certain forums in these counts; it would require custom development.

MattH and Amaury like this.
  9. MattH

MattH Active Member

Yes, that's what I'm looking at.

But is it also correct that deleting the posts in those forums does not affect the forum statistics? It seemed that way, which is odd..

10. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The statistics are only updated periodically, so the global count won't be updated instantly.