Fixed Exclamation Points Don't Work with Tags When the Font Size Is Changed

Yes they do, see my post in that thread.

Tags only work with member names that exist. @Maru! works but @amaury! doesn't because there's no member with that name with our without an exclamation mark. You should know that, it was your name before you asked it to be changed. ;)

To put this in more general terms, when there's some punctuation at the end of someone being mentioned, we only consider that punctuation if it's used in a somewhat-punctuation-related context. If you type "a.b.", that would be considered attempting to tag "a.b" (not "a"). The issue here is that when "[" followed punctuation, we weren't taking the punctuation to be the end. Demo:

@Mike[
vs
@mike.[

Fixed now though.

To put this in more general terms, when there's some punctuation at the end of someone being mentioned, we only consider that punctuation if it's used in a somewhat-punctuation-related context. If you type "a.b.", that would be considered attempting to tag "a.b" (not "a"). The issue here is that when "[" followed punctuation, we weren't taking the punctuation to be the end. Demo:

@Mike[
vs
@mike.[

Fixed now though.

Things were hectic this morning and didn't get a chance to reply.

So the issue wasn't the font size being changed the issue was with any BB code since all BB codes use brackets, correct?

Then another question: Why is it that in your test above and in the tests performed in my test thread, the latter tag is lower-casing the first letter of the name when the name is capitalized to begin with, such as Mike?

Then another question: Why is it that in your test above and in the tests performed in my test thread, the latter tag is lower-casing the first letter of the name when the name is capitalized to begin with, such as Mike?
It's not lower-casing the first letter of a name. Whenever I typed your name in (and I assume Mike did the same with his name) I typed it all in lower case. There's no need to capitalise the first letter or indeed any letters in a tagged name as it will automatically capitalise the appropriate letters when the post is submitted. It also does this if you type (part of) a name and then select the name from the list that appears.

Top Bottom