1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Exclamation Points Don't Work with Tags When the Font Size Is Changed

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Amaury, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

As title.

See my test here.
  2. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Yes they do, see my post in that thread.

Tags only work with member names that exist. @Maru! works but @amaury! doesn't because there's no member with that name with our without an exclamation mark. You should know that, it was your name before you asked it to be changed. ;)
    SneakyDave likes this.
  3. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

See my post here. I'm stupid.

I'll rename the thread.
  4. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

I concur.

You've found a bug, @maru!
    Amaury likes this.
  5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

To put this in more general terms, when there's some punctuation at the end of someone being mentioned, we only consider that punctuation if it's used in a somewhat-punctuation-related context. If you type "a.b.", that would be considered attempting to tag "a.b" (not "a"). The issue here is that when "[" followed punctuation, we weren't taking the punctuation to be the end. Demo:

Fixed now though.
    Amaury likes this.
  6. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Things were hectic this morning and didn't get a chance to reply.

So the issue wasn't the font size being changed the issue was with any BB code since all BB codes use brackets, correct?

Then another question: Why is it that in your test above and in the tests performed in my test thread, the latter tag is lower-casing the first letter of the name when the name is capitalized to begin with, such as Mike?
  7. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

It's not lower-casing the first letter of a name. Whenever I typed your name in (and I assume Mike did the same with his name) I typed it all in lower case. There's no need to capitalise the first letter or indeed any letters in a tagged name as it will automatically capitalise the appropriate letters when the post is submitted. It also does this if you type (part of) a name and then select the name from the list that appears.
    Amaury likes this.