1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Ever present admin: Is there a way to extend my "online" timeout?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by CyclingTribe, Nov 1, 2013.

1. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

I wondered if there's a way to extend my "online" timeout (separately from everyone else) so my staff online entry hangs around for longer after my activity has stopped?

Or maybe tweak it on a usergroup basis for admins/mods?

Shaun :D
  2. akia

akia Well-Known Member

Use tapatalk. It's one of the things I hate about it is that it shows me one line constantly.
  3. CyclingTribe

I recently removed it from all of my forums - hence this thread ... ;)
  4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You could hard code your information into the templates.
    CyclingTribe likes this.
  5. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Problem with having staff show online for longer than they are is that if something happens on your forum which requires staff interference and they're showing but not doing anything about it, members start to question why.
  6. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Rather than have staff showing online for longer in the Staff Block, why not consider removing the block altogether?

Members still be able to find out who are Staff from the Members tab (and a reminder in the Site News will point this out to anyone who hasn't found this, such as Tapatalk users who have finally found the full site ;) )

This way, it's not glaringly obvious which staff are currently online and possibly more importantly, which staff aren't on the site.
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I removed that block from my site a long time ago.
  8. CyclingTribe

Yeah, that might be a better approach - remove the staff online block. I'll see how it goes now TT is not artificially keeping staff logged in. (y)