Ever been so annoyed by a thread that keeps getting posts/attention and you wish it would just die?

Ever been so annoyed by a thread that keeps getting posts/attention and you wish it would just die?

• Yes

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

bzcomputers

Occasionally there is that one thread that just keeps popping back up. Someone feels the need to add another opinion to it and it just won't die.

Consider me #triggered by this one!

Shade Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

I'm so sick of seeing political threads on many of the forums I frequent with triggering titles that I'd love to block from my What'sNew feed.
I have a Politics forum and try to make sure they stay there. Makes it easier to avoid them when needed.

And, honestly, the thread in question has nothing on some of the threads I've had on my own site. We had a Trump thread that ran from from when The Donald announced his candidacy until Biden was sworn in and still rears its ugly head from time to time. It was almost impossible to get people to pay attention to any other political threads during that period, even ones on actual Canadian events (yes, we are primarily Canadian in scope). Now that, my friends, is an annoying thread even ignoring who it was about.

So, "Yes" but not actually that specific thread.

Occasionally there is that one thread that just keeps popping back up. Someone feels the need to add another opinion to it and it just won't die.

Consider me #triggered by this one!
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/ignore-filter-system.1841/

Third most voted feature on XenForo from 10 years ago 😒.

I haven't updated it for XF2, but I made a Chrome extension that used userscript to block threads and individual posts back in 1.5 because there were a few threads (made by people I liked) who were getting taken off topic by many people I ignore.

I've seen annoying threads like that, but this isn't one of them, for me. In fact, I'm currently in a dialog with the OP. Can anyone help him with his latest question? Just go here.

If you're on a computer, navigate to the offending thread and press CTRL+F4 and you will no longer see it.
Hang on, it works, but the browser window disappears every time. How do I fix it? <blinks>

Your frustration is why a thread ignore feature would be greatly appreciated.
It's possible in XF to get an admin to create a user group for a specific user to block visibility of a section of threads, which automagically includes the thread leaderboard. Not sure if it's possible for just a specific thread though.

Top Bottom