Essential Stuff You Should Have in Your Community ToS (Terms of Service)

=MGN=RedEagle

Hey guys,

Love to share ideas as to what those essential things each community ToS (Terms of Service) needs. I see sites like this one talking about cookies and all upfront which seems to be a new thing.

One thing I always add in my ToS is a reasonable clause which allows me to make changes provided I notify my members.

It really depends on the niche your community is based on and what you are offering, cookies is something that has always been mentioned but just been more nowadays due to the new rules in EU.

It really depends on the niche your community is based on and what you are offering
correct, this is important to me dealing with media uploads;
B. You further agree that you will not:

~ submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant *** all of the license rights granted herein;

~ submit material that is unlawful, threatening, harassing, hateful, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability; violate any law.

yada yada yada

*** reserves the right to amend these terms of service from time to time and will utilize commercially reasonable efforts to provide notice of such changes. The changes will become binding 30 days after they are posted on the Website, and your use of the Website following the 30 day period will signify your assent to and acceptance of its revised terms.

Top Bottom