XF 1.2 Error when saving updated personal details

Flynny

In my personal details section if I remove a word from a field, for instance Liverpool from Location. Then click save, I get a message that says:

The following error occurred:

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at *** to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

---

Nothing appears in the server log.

That's a general server error log -- not one generated by XenForo but one generated by Apache. There's nothing in Apache's error log? (And nothing in XF's error log in the control panel?)

This could be something like mod_security blocking the request. It could be something like PHP crashing. Hopefully there will be something in the Apache log as these don't give any information unfortunately.

Apache was giving me a HTTP Error 500 Internal server. I'm playing with cache settings at the moment before I launch our forum. This is all new to me as a hobby.

Trying out all the basic APC Cache settings kept giving me errors such as:

mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server.
Premature end of script headers: index.php

^ These occured when randomly saving an updated profile page on my forum.

... In the end I tried some supercharged APC settings & I'm no longer getting errors. *touch wood*

Last edited:
Same thing again... This time when saving an updated admin page. Maybe caching just isn't for me ha:

[Mon Oct 14 08:46:32 2013] [warn] [client ***] (104)Connection reset by peer: mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server, referer: http://www.***.com/forums/admin.php?users/eve$
[Mon Oct 14 08:46:32 2013] [error] [client ***] Premature end of script headers: admin.php, referer: http://www.***.com/forums/admin.php?users/***/edit
[Mon Oct 14 08:46:36 2013] [error] mod_fcgid: process /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/php5(12386) exit(communication error), get unexpected signal 11

Top Bottom