1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Error when going to index.php for the first time

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by matagin, Jan 19, 2014.

1. matagin

matagin Member

I followed the guides here:

On the 3rd page, I got to the part when I browse the the Xenforo index.php page for the first time to perform the web-based setup and I receive the error below. Any ideas?

An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: Table 'xenforo.xf_data_registry' doesn't exist in /usr/local/lsws/DEFAULT/html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 808
    5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchPairs() in XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php at line 144
    6. XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->_getMultiFromDb() in XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php at line 97
    7. XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->getMulti() in XenForo/Dependencies/Abstract.php at line 144
    8. XenForo_Dependencies_Abstract->preLoadData() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 127
    9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /usr/local/lsws/DEFAULT/html/forums/index.php at line 13
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You have a table missing. If your system is installed and it worked, you'll need to request help from the resource author.
  3. matagin

matagin Member

Yeah the database is empty. I wonder if there is a step I am missing or maybe I need to go to /forums/install/index.php instead.

Edit: Yep that's what I did and it worked. Thanks.