1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error version 1.1.3

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Kent55, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Kent55

Kent55 Active Member

Hi I was going through the installation process when I got tis message:
    Error

You cannot proceed unless all XenForo database tables are removed.

I don't know what that means!!! please help!!

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That means the table names already exist in your database. If you run the install again then it will give you the option to delete the conflicting tables (assuming this is a new install and not an upgrade). Or you can delete them manually using a program like phpmyadmin.

3. Kent55

Kent55 Active Member

Thanks....

4. Kent55

Kent55 Active Member

I have dropped all of the tables but it still has the error!!!

5. Jake Bunce

This is a new install right? No existing forum data?

Try emptying the data and internal_data directories. Then run /install again in your browser.

6. Kent55

Kent55 Active Member

How do I do this? "Please save the configuration using the button above and upload it to /var/www/vhosts/infinity-six.com/httpdocs/library/config.php. Once this is completed, use the button below to continue."

I don't see it in filezilla

And yes it is a new install but I forgot to save it first!!!

7. Jake Bunce

There should be nothing to save with a new install. If you are meaning to upgrade an existing forum then you do not want to delete the existing tables.

But if this is a new install then...

Sometimes the install script can automatically write out the config file, but in your case it can't. You need to download the file and upload it manually to httpdocs/library

8. Kent55

Kent55 Active Member

K thanks

9. Kent55

Kent55 Active Member

Iv'e uploaded it and it says that it has been verified but now it says I need to delete all xenForo tables!! I have already done it using php my admin

I have managed to do it but when I move on to stept 2 I get: action_available_via_post_only

10. Jake Bunce

And did you check the box to delete the existing tables? There is a checkbox during the install.

11. Kent55

Kent55 Active Member

I never saw a checkbox on the install but I have deleted them all and when I move on I get this: action_available_via_post_only

12. Jake Bunce

Go back in your browser and click the button again to proceed.

13. Kent55

Kent55 Active Member

I do that and when I click the button it goes back to saying I need to remove all database tables.

14. Jake Bunce

I can take a look if you give me FTP and phpmyadmin access.