1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Error uploading file to thread

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by brucewang, Mar 9, 2015.

1. brucewang

brucewang Member

Hello,
    I am trying to upload a 89,000kb .zip file to a post and I keep getting this error:

The following error occurred Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.

Options > Attachments > Size is set to: 614,400kb
    .zips are accepted files.

I already tried logging out and back in. What is going on?
    Thank you

2. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Possible mod_security issue on the server if they are using Apache? Are you running on your own site or a shared hosting environment?
    If shared, have the hosting provider check the logs for what tripped the security setting if they are using Apache.

3. brucewang

brucewang Member

it is a shared host, i assume it is apache. how do i check the logs?

4. Tracy Perry

You can't generally, and specifically for what you would need to check for to resolve this issue typically.
    What was the file name you were trying to upload? Usually it is something in the name that triggers mod_security. You can contact your hosting provider and advise them of the issue.

5. brucewang

brucewang Member

001 - Google My Business Pages & Local Listings.zip is the filename i was using

6. Tracy Perry

Try renaming it to something like Google-Business-Listing.zip and see if that works

7. brucewang

brucewang Member

still getting the same error with that name

8. Tracy Perry

In your ACP, for the PHP info settings, what does it show for the
    upload_max_filesize and post_max_size values?

You can find that in the ACP tools settings.