XF 1.1 "Error - The server did not respond in time"

BGL

At which point, any post being worked on is gone. I see this a lot, typically if I'm logged in but not doing anything active. I can ignore it then but when it wipes out a post someone is working on, it's more of a problem.

Is it a setting in XenForo I can adjust? A setting on my web hosting side that I can adjust?

This is the web server not responding in time. You'll need to figure out why its not happening, but without much information its difficult to figure out what may be causing it.

This is the web server not responding in time. You'll need to figure out why its not happening, but without much information its difficult to figure out what may be causing it.

What information do I need and where would I get it? This is a Networks Solution shared web hosting site. I can ask them for information if it's not available via the web hosting toolbox they provide.

Is it certain that XenForo is asking for something? Could it be Xenforo not asking and then producing an error when the server doesn't answer?

There may be an error on your server, or something may (doubtful) show up in the network tab of the developer tools with an error. Your host may be able to look into this if you submit a ticket.

There may be an error on your server, or something may (doubtful) show up in the network tab of the developer tools with an error. Your host may be able to look into this if you submit a ticket.

Should I describe the error as I did here or will they want something more specific?

You could try being more specific, I'm not sure what your host would require.

Other than tell Network Solutions what the XenForo error message says, I don't know what specifics to tell them. Is there some way to see what XenForo was doing that resulted in the XenForo error message?

Top Bottom